The Manufacturing Lead is a key position that helps keep processes flowing within a lean operating system. It involves material replenishment and transfer as well as communication within the value stream and between value streams. The Manufacturing Lead will be responsible for ensuring manufacturing associates have the material, tools and information needed and can focus on production. The Manufacturing Lead will manage the movement of goods, information and material through the production system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standard work will include the following:
* Coordinate the flow of work, tools, and materials based on scheduled customer orders.
* Identify materials and tools needed for value stream, work centers, and/or cells. Ensure job materials are complete and staged at work cell prior to the current job being completed. Ensure job queue is organized and next job is always in queue and ready for operator. Transport work as needed between work centers.
* Identify potential shortages and communicate risks to supervisor, planner and/or value stream manager in anticipation of any schedule changes. Identify issues impacting production and engage other resources (Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, T&D, etc.) as needed to ensure schedule attainment.
* Track and effectively communicate job progress. Provide input to Planning, Supervisor, and Cell Manager regarding order status, timing, and production issues.
* Manage compliance with calibration and shelf life procedures.
* Manage MRO items for value stream, reorder and replenish as needed.
* Implement continuous improvement ideas and suggestions and demonstrate support of the Carlisle Operating System.
* Develop and promote a culture that encourages employee's participation in the Carlisle Operating System.
* Participate in problem-solving efforts employing formalized problem-solving techniques as appropriate.
* Maintain and promote a safe working environment and escalate any safety abnormalities in a timely manner to the appropriate management team to ensure our safety protocols are followed.
* Responsible to lead and maintain 5S scores for the area.
* Responsible for reviewing accuracy in the system for all completed production orders.
* Owns and executes Start Up meetings daily, leading the team through the Tier 1 process.
* Responsible for reviewing adherence to standard work.
* Able to monitor critical production steps and accuracy through SAP and ShopVue.
* Ability to understand and convey operations high bar and utilize the available manufacturing tools to make the appropriate changes and improve SQDC.
* Works closely and in alignment with all Cell Managers, Shift supervisors and Plant Manager and ensures coherence of actions and communication.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toed shoes
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses
* Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 3 years plus experience in a lean manufacturing environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
* Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to discern large amounts of data quickly and report concisely
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to handle interruptions and maintain focus
* Ability to research and solve production and material flow problems
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision to complete tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted less than a minute ago
Posted less than a minute ago
Posted less than a minute ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!