Hendrickson is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; and bumper and trim components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The heart of Hendrickson is its people. We are always searching for talented students to join our team, and value the opportunity to develop students' knowledge. An internship or co-op with Hendrickson is a hands-on opportunity for students to bring the classroom to life.
Our commitment to you as a PATH Student Program Member is to deliver you a Real-world, Innovative, Diverse Experience which will set you up for success. We aim to nurture the future leaders of the industry with the passion, creativity, and drive needed to continue down the path of advancing the world around us.
Area of Accountability :
• Participate in product design review for On-Highway products in an effort to reduce the time frame from concept to completion.
• Recommend and implement methods, tools, process or layout changes to reduce overall costs, improve quality and expand manufacturing capabilities for On-Highway products.
Major Responsibilities (may vary depending on project):
• Manage the mechanical design of manufacturing fixtures and tools from conception to implementation utilizing the Process Change Request system.
• Aid On-Highway project teams with manufacturing engineering support.
• Support the development of the ULTRAA-K manufacturing process.
• Maintain and update manufacturing/tooling prints.
• Remotely assist Hendrickson Trailer production plants.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or related field. Junior or Senior preferred.
• Must be able to work full time (40-hour weeks) for the Co-Op Term.
• Effective oral, written, and PC skills mandatory.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
• 3D modeling experience in CREO/ProE is preferred.
• 3.0/4.0 GPA required.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.