Since 1927, Davis Wire Corporation has built a reputation for dependability and quality. As the largest wire manufacturer in the western United States, our impressive range of products are used in a wide variety of fields, including agriculture, construction, transportation, communications and industrial applications. The foundation of our business is our galvanized, brite and reinforcing wire, though we also produce an assortment of specialty wires to fit almost any need.
We currently seek a dedicated Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Irwindale, California.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, a knack for problem-solving and no problem getting in the trenches.
We have an incredible team and we are looking for the next rising star to join us.
Duties will include:
- Establish specifications for finished products
- Establish specifications for raw material and WIP products
- Establish and monitor production process parameters
- Supervise activities of QC technicians
- Monitor data as collected and ensure specifications are being met, and process parameters are being followed
- Determine process capabilities and make improvements based on data analysis
- Work with steel suppliers to develop and improve raw material quality requirements and specifications
- Establish and maintain specifications for raw material steel grades including:
- physical properties
- microstructure metallurgical requirements
- Design production practices for new products including:
- Steel selection
- Processing steps
- Machine selection
- Cleaning and coating process requirements
- Machine tooling setup
- Lubricant selection
- Heat treatment requirements
- Surface coating process setup
- Finished product properties
- Work with equipment, lube, tooling, and packaging suppliers to trial new products, improve production output, and improve product quality
- Study and improve current production practices and finished product specs and make improvements based on feedback from customers and operations
- Work with accounting to determine new product processing steps and associated costs
- Work with sales and customers to determine new product requirements, resolve product complaints, conduct failure analysis on returned product, make process changes and improvements for corrective action
- Work with OEM customers to improve their manufacturing lines to optimize quality and productivity using DW wire products
- Work with production department to change/modify production practices to optimize quality, productivity, and safety
- Assist in writing capital expenditure projects for new equipment to determine expected profitability and payback
We offer competitive salaries and the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with match
********** Recruiters and Agencies **********
Please do not contact this job poster about this opportunity.
Agency candidates will not be considered at this time.