Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Work Schedule: Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime, Hours and shifts are subject to change.
Shift 1B: 3:30 am - 3:00 pm Thursday - Saturday with every other Wednesday
Pay Rate: $25.58/hr
Location: San Diego, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct day-to-day oversight and planning of work for the manufacturing operations.
- Inspect work of operators and keep documentations of yields and reject data.
- Act as liaison between operator and supervisor/manager.
- Execute agreed upon production plans and yields within designated area of production.
- Assist supervisor/manager to plan and schedule resources and equipment.
- Assist supervisor/manager to conduct and document training.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of manufacturing documents.
- Ensure on-time equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulations to FDA, ISO, OSHA, etc.
- Interact with cross-functional departments, such as Production, Engineering, and R&D, to resolve issues associated with quality, equipment, manufacturing systems, etc.
- May assist in the transition of new products into manufacturing.
- Monitors equipment performance and makes minor adjustments such as set-ups, calibrations and alignments.
- Clears minor machine difficulties and performs maintenance and repair as trained by a technician, engineer, or supervisor.
- Assists operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations.
- Spot checks product to ensure quality levels are maintained.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
: Support Individual Contributor
Sets up and operates a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines including robotic assembly equipment used in the production of the company's product. Responsible for the overall operation of potentially large-scale manufacturing machinery including actions such as feeding materials for processing, adjusting settings, performing minor repairs, and pulling finished product from the line. Works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks. Checks and inspects operation results against predetermined tolerances.Functional/Business Knowledge:
- Complete understanding of the aspects of the job.
- Applies high level of knowledge to complete a wide range of tasks that normally requires time management skills.
- Work at this level requires following established practices.
- May independently plan own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
- Frequent contact with employees at all levels within the company.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Assignments are complex in nature where judgment and initiative is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Thoroughness and reliability are essential as errors would result in a possibility for loss and normally affect other groups.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6-8 years of related experience and High School diploma/certificate or equivalent.
Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.Please note:
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.