Fundamental Underwriters provides specialty insurance solutions with expertise in commercial auto. We offer competitive pricing, coverage and partnership you need to keep your operation in motion. We deliver individual underwriting solutions, consultative loss control programs and rapid claims resolutions for risks with superior safety cultures.
This position serves as the Director (or Managing Director) for the management of our commercial trucking division which focuses on development and implementation of new commercial auto lines of business. Responsibilities include the refinement of a business case and implementation and execution of the approved business plan. Specific responsibilities are for growth and profit enhancement over the short - medium - and long term to drive the division's strategic growth planning. This position is primarily concerned with the implementation of systems, controls, underwriting appetite, the value proposition and marketing of new lines of business. It includes the achievement of the mission, goals and objectives of the operating division from start up to long term Group contributor. Establish clear, concise, and realistic goals, which must be adhered to and visited with regularity. Advises on matters related to operations and policies and assures effectuation of policies through the company. This position establishes and maintains strong professional and collaborative partnerships with customers and employees. Establishes and maintains satisfactory community and governmental relations. Establishes and maintains good relations among the enterprise as well as manages the division to meet the financial and strategic goals of the stakeholder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Directly responsible for operations development, including creating supporting business cases and acting as a liaison to departments involved in new operational development.
- Directly responsible for new opportunity design, build, and implementation.
- Develop long-term mission and vision of the division.
- Develop strategic and operational business and financial plans designed to meet the long-term goals and objectives of the division and provide synergy with the parent's strategic diversification and risk plan.
- Acquire approval and buy-in at executive and board levels of business plan.
- Implement and execute business plan accordingly, once approved.
- Plan and recommend strategies to achieve maximum market penetration consistent with operating division's financial objectives.
- Guide and direct the formulation of the operating division.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team, utilizing the enterprise-wide compensation, benefits and perquisites programs.
- Establish and manage organizational structure that supports efficient and effective implementation of strategy and operations.
- Ensure efficiency of operations and quality service. Create and maintain a highly productive and competitive work environment.
Directly supervises professional and technical staff at various locations throughout the business unit. Where necessary, works closely with subject matter experts in other areas to obtain the information needed to generate the required scorecards. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, business or a related field is required.
- MBA designation and advanced insurance certification highly preferred.
- Progress towards or completion of industry recognized professional designations; i.e., continuous learning, is required.
- Progress towards advanced degree encouraged.
- Practical insurance and business analytics is a requirement.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ten years of relevant experience which provide the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities required.
- Five years of progressively increasing managerial leadership responsibilities including responsibilities for profit and growth required.
- Entrepreneur experience a plus.
- Strong strategic planning, program development and project management skills. Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3 to 5-year span.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, and senior level skills in managing ambiguous situations and issues.
- Thorough knowledge in commercial underwriting and/or workers' compensation underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge in product development, proposal and renewal development, risk assessment, group experience evaluation, and plan design and rating.
- Knowledge of activities, practices and terminology of the insurance industry, preferably workers compensation, and relevant legal and administrative procedures.
- Ability to negotiate and establish a personal rapport with opposing parties, and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of budget preparation and financial management.
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated drive, determination, and persistence to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Presentation skills and confidence to present division and product in one-on-one settings or to large gatherings.
- A commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Work is performed in a virtual home office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.