A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The RN Patient Support Manager is responsible for the direct supervision and management of the RN Staff who provide nursing support and assistance to patients, family members, caregivers, nurses, physicians, and pharmacists. The main objective of the role is to drive team performance, achieving customer satisfaction and customer retention. The role also ensures that all cases are handled with personalized attention, consistency, and confidentiality.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Drive the internal nurse team to appropriately manage their territories, ensuring all calls and visits are up to date. Monitor scheduling and ensure time compliance for all team members. Coordinate and review workloads within the team. Drive the collaboration amongst the Support Center Nurses and the dedicated Field Nurse team.
- Schedule regular staff meetings ensuring all necessary information is being relayed to staff.
- Monitor queue status, and report statistics.
- Quality Monitoring of Specialist phone calls to ensure accurate, exceptional service and timely database input.
- Update Manager with feedback from customers to improve services or provide recognition of staff members.
- Handle escalated customer calls.
- Interface with EMD Serono field employees and specialty partners.
- Manage special projects and initiatives.
- Provide specific feedback to management regarding team and individual performance.
- Actively work to develop processes and reengineer existing processes and workflows.
- Manage the Performance Management process in alignment with company guidelines. Interview, hire, train, motivate and regularly evaluate direct reports. Mentor, coach, and advise Sr. Specialists.
- Communicate and work with Field Nurse Managers to ensure the field nurse team is aligned with the MSLL approach to patient care, as well as educate and support the field nurse team with management of their territories and communication with their counterparts.
- Responsible for leadership and knowledge not only within the Nursing Team, but for all of the Support Center.
- Ensure USPS compliance and vigilance for all MSLL Sr. Specialists, RN Patient Support and MSLL Field Nurses.
- Ensure a high level of customer service to both internal (support specialists, sales force, managed care, marketing, product safety and medical information) and external customers (patients, families and care partners, physicians, nurses, pharmacies, insurers).
- Work with staff on patient's behalf to identify barriers to adherence (i.e., timing of training visits, availability of drug, physical barriers) and investigate/implement options for success.
- Work with Marketing Department, physician offices and/or pharmacies to ensure that patients receive the correct information (i.e., correct titration schedule and appropriate syringes) when beginning and maintaining drug therapy.
- Provide and analyze data for reporting and trending.
- Serve as liaison and resource for addressing general, medical, and product and/or device related questions.
- Maintain a collaborative approach with members of support center team. Assist other teams in the absence of their direct Supervisor.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and professionalism; maintain a high level of patient confidentiality.
- Continued education is required. Technical expertise in assigned therapeutic area is necessary and updates in current therapy will be required. For example, in MS - keep up-to-date of new therapies, Internet feedback/comments, and industry advancements.
- Attendance at certain association meetings during the year may be required to receive updated information or competitive review.
- Limited travel including attendance of association meetings during the year.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license
- 5+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Current MS certification of ability to obtain once hired
RSRSOWhat we offer:
- 2+ years direct supervisory or management experience preferred
- Full Bilingual capability (Spanish)
- Exceptional customer service and telephone skills.
- Strong collaboration skills required. Must display a willingness and ability to work closely with other entities within MS Lifelines, and throughout Neurology, thereby setting the stage for their direct reports to do the same.
- Strong Supervisory skills.
- Strong computer skills (customer contact databases, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Data Entry/Typing skills necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or repetitive tasks.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information athttps://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220058
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time