Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA) empowers a community of exceptional young leaders from under-resourced backgrounds by supporting their higher education and professional success in order to create a more inclusive and equitable country. LEDA believes that selective colleges are not only a gateway to opportunity but a nexus for the development of leadership in every field. By helping talented students from under-resourced backgrounds access these institutions and providing them with the tools necessary to succeed, LEDA seeks to ensure that this country's leadership is truly reflective of its citizenry. LEDA's vision is to build an inclusive and equitable America where leadership reflects, celebrates, and supports diverse perspectives. About the Position: In 2020 LEDA launched the LEDA Alumni Services Department, an initiative that engages LEDA's vast network of alumni. The purpose of the department is to provide LEDA Alumni with opportunities to: maintain and deepen their involvement with LEDA, connect with each other and other members of the community, leverage the power of the LEDA network; receive ongoing career and postgraduate support; serve as mentors to undergraduate LEDA Scholars and Career Fellows, and connect their employers to the LEDA Career Network. Reporting to the Senior Director of Career and Alumni Services, the Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact will support the professional and personal growth of alumni, create programs for alumni to connect with their peers and with LEDA stakeholders, and cultivate a culture of alumni engagement and annual giving.
Program Strategy and Design
- Create and execute LEDA's Alumni Services engagement strategy, inclusive of programmatic activities, communications efforts, fundraising, measuring outcomes and reporting
- Develop and provide logistical support for LEDA sponsored alumni engagement events and activities, including annual reunion and regional events
- Support Career Network with coordination and logistics for Career Institute
- Recruit alumni as career coaches, mentors, and panelists to participate in Career Institute
Communication and Outreach
- Determine, develop, implement, and manage optimal communication platforms and social media strategy for connecting and engaging Alumni
- Facilitate and support on-going engagement of alumni in via online platforms, including through creation and maintenance of a LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Re-establish contact with all LEDA Alumni and engage them in the network
- Collaborate and engage the Alumni Task Force, charged with developing important initiatives for the Alumni Services department to implement.
- Promote networking events and career opportunities for Alumni in bi-weekly Career and Alumni Services eNewsletter
- Coordinate communication with alumni on events, volunteerism, and Career Network and LEDA Scholars Program engagement
- Create event and promotional collateral, such as event programs, flyers, website pages, etc.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies, including making significant gift asks in collaboration with the Development/External Communications team to foster a culture of giving among alumni and generate revenue for the organization
- Create and implement fundraising goals
- Create strategy to collect and promote alumni success stories that demonstrate LEDA's impact
Data Management and Evaluation
- Develop and administer annual surveys to collect and track outcomes of alumni to further document the extent to which LEDA is achieving its mission of developing the leadership potential of underrepresented students once they graduate from college and generating meaningful connections within the LEDA community.
- Collaborate with the Development/External Communications team and Alumni Services team on program data tracking and reporting to funders, partners, and other stakeholders as needed
- Translate data into relatable stories that engage funders and other external stakeholders and bring them into the LEDA community Advising
- Advise Alumni 1:1 on a range of professional development topics
- Support alumni with applications to LEDA employer partners in collaboration with Career Network Staff
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as higher education administration, secondary or post-secondary education, non-profit consulting, development, etc. required (Must also have work authorization)
- 4+ years relevant experience in alumni affairs, or student affairs, or event/communications management, relationship management or employee/client engagement required
- Previous experience fundraising strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with and engaging alumni and an ability to cultivate and build strong interpersonal relationships preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively represent LEDA to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience implementing programs, small and large-scale events
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment with strong values and culture; passionately committed to LEDA's mission, vision and strategic direction
- Experiential or professional understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding low- income, first generation college students and early career professionals
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit; can successfully work independently and as a member of a team
- Superior organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills, and ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Strong technical and data tracking, analytical reporting and storytelling skills (e.g. familiarity with MS Excel, Salesforce, professional and social networking tools/platforms)
This is a full-time position. The salary for the Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact role ranges from high $60ks - low $70ks*. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k)retirement plan, TransitChek (for NYC employees), at least three weeks paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
This position may work out of our midtown Manhattan office or remotely year-round. Due to Covid-19 precautions, all LEDA positions will be fully remote at least through January 2022. LEDA offers a flexible, collegial work environment that welcomes new ideas and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
*Salary will be adjusted based on the state where your primary residence is located if you will be working remotely year-round.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send an email with a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Manager of Alumni Engagement and Impact" in the subject line.
Employment for this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to LEDA. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
This job has expired.