We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
At AAA, our Team Members strive to deliver amazing service and help our Members outsmart life's roadblocks. We believe everything you do outside of work adds to who you are at work. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
Why Work For Us?
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more!
- 401k Matching - $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of pay
- Annual Incentive Plan - Eligibility to participate in AAA NCNU annual bonus plan
- Paid Time Off - Team Members accrue paid time off monthly with an additional 24 hours per year earmarked for volunteer activities
- Collaborative Environment - AAA will value your contribution to providing exceptional service to our members
Reporting to the VP, Labor Relations, the Manager, Labor Relations will be an experienced professional with a legal or HR background and significant knowledge of traditional labor relations processes, dispute resolution as well as positive employee relations practices.
The individual will help lead our Labor Relations work across 7 states in support of almost 5,000 Team Members, which includes 450+ unionized Team Members. Partnering internally across the business teams and leveraging relationships with legal, HR, business leaders, union officials, and our Team Members, this leader will understand the key legal, people and business issues for AAA NCNU and help shape outcomes for our continued shared success.
- Partner with AAA NCNU leaders and HR leaders to understand the Company's business strategy and help develop a labor strategy that ensures our ability to achieve our growth objectives while supporting our Team Members.
- Manage the negotiation process related to collective bargaining; planning and developing strategy with the VP, Labor Relations, ensuring appropriate document management during the process.
- Assist with ensuring contract negotiations are conducted in a timely manner, with professionalism at the table and completed without business disruption. Align with functional leaders on key objectives, while considering Team Member concerns.
- Ensure day-to-day labor relations at our unionized facilities are conducted with professionalism and in line with contract language and business needs. Partner with local Management teams and local HR teams to provide training and build skills.
- Provide leadership and actively engage in escalated labor relations situations, including grievances, mediations and arbitrations.
- Provide day-to-day strategic counsel to Legal, HR and management on laws and developments impacting labor relations, interpretations of collective bargaining agreements, current or proposed policies or procedures, grievances, or other matters to cultivate a high performing organization. Monitor federal and state legislation that could impact AAA NCNU labor relations; partner with Legal, HR and Compliance teams.
- Research labor law, economic data, wage data and other information to provide information that will be needed in negotiations; remain current in these areas.
- Develop appropriate education plans for Team Members and the leadership teams to ensure the effective delivery of contract and policies, as well as positive employee relations practices.
- Manage local labor relations matters, to include developing and chairing appropriate meetings with union leaders; and/or employees that develop and maintain the on-going relationships and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Support engagement with union counsel to bargain and implement agreed provisions in accordance with contract language.
- Ensure labor objectives are met.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of managing complex employee relations issues and effective negotiating and influencing skills;
- Strong knowledge of laws impacting labor relations, interpretations of current or proposed policies or procedures and grievances and/or arbitration proceedings;
- Ability to analyze and develop solutions while ensuring the needs of the business are met;
- Proven knowledge and experience understanding laws relating to labor relations and employment law such as the National Labor Relations Act, wage and hour, anti-discrimination/harassment, business ethics and other laws governing the workplace;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to influence through strong relationships, expertise and data;
- Able to conduct and consult on formal investigations related to internal and external complaints;
- Ability to handle and resolve problems of confidential, sensitive and complex nature;
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis;
- Able to be proactive and hands-on, prioritize work and strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure;
- Have credibility and excellent leadership skills, generating a high degree of respect and trust with all levels of the organization. Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in complex employee and labor relations issues, including management of people, problem resolution, developing solutions to business-related problems, union avoidance, and management techniques and skills.
This is primarily an office job. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, bending and lifting (up to 15 pounds). Ability to regularly travel and occasionally work a flexible schedule.