Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Goodwill SoCal has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager of Finance & Business Strategy to lead all planning, forecasting, modeling and financial reporting for Goodwill's retail stores as well as other divisions within Goodwill Southern California. The manager also provides written and statistical reports to evaluate budget vs actual performance, trends and other operational information. This position plays a key role in the continued development of Goodwill's budgeting and forecasting processes by partnering with leaders across the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Company budgeting, forecasting, financial systems, BI development, and ad-hoc analysis across the company.
- Collect, develop and report accurate, actionable, and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarterly and annual reviews. Prepare and report monthly variance analysis for 80+ Goodwill locations.
- Reporting responsibilities include formal monthly communications to the Retail Committee, Board of Directors, and Statistical Reporting for Goodwill Industries International and reporting on special projects. Informal and on-demand reporting relates to maintenance of cloud-based KPI cards, including sales, donated goods production, electronic donations, e-commerce, development, mission programs, and others to be determined.
- Develops methodology and templates for fiscal and metric analysis
- Works with department heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts including collaboration with the Director of Finance and CFO
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual presentations to support Board Meetings.
- Keeps current and recommends technology to further objectives of Knowledge Management, and GSC team members in their roles to exercise our mission.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience. Must understand GAAP accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis with strong spreadsheet and budgeting skills experience in the retail sector or high growth firm preferred.
- +3 years of experience preparing a budget in excess of $50M with multiple cost centers.
- Experience with retail, E-commerce, and/or Marketplace business models, including omnichannel sales models (web, mobile, and retail)
- Familiarity with Netsuite/Oracle, Adaptive Planning, Domo and COGNOS desirable
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills that showcase the ability to direct, influence and coach a team of partners, peers, and direct reports
- Covid vaccination verification required.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link Removed ]
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
This job has expired.