American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Manager, Development Finance serves as the primary financial and analytical contact for region-level operation and is primarily responsible for preparing and/or reviewing financial analysis used to monitor the Company's performance and operational and financial metrics for development properties. The role will support multiple functions, primarily the Development operational and the Finance/Accounting functions.
- Closely monitor active development projects: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned.
- Create and maintain cash flow projections for all development projects
- Creates, provides, analyzes and/or reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual operational metrics.
- Partners with the development team to complete the annual corporate budget process. Reviews budgets for completeness and performs comparisons to actuals on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews, mentors, and provides leadership to other members on the team.
- Prepares supporting documents for company filings, slide decks, and executive management.
- Supports various departments and other team members by performing ad hoc analysis as requested.
- In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of experience in related field in Finance / Accounting
- Real Estate industry/REIT experience preferred
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statements
- Basic understanding of SOX compliance
- Knowledge of MS Office, Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, JD Edwards preferred
- CPA preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, change management, analysis and organizing skills.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions
- Strong leadership, employee development, appraisal, relationship management, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Microsoft Excel skills required, specifically Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and other advanced functions
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords:
finance, accounting, economics, REIT, GAAP, SOX compliance, analytics, development finance, CPA, leadership, management
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.