Expected Travel: Up to 25%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This role will be responsible for working as part of the maintenance team for both Mansfield and Coventry Facilities. Performing routine preventative and unplanned machine maintenance as well as assist in the maintaining of Maintenance documents/programs. The role will also contribute to manufacturing of suture products as well as supporting engineering functions such as validating equipment/materials, troubleshooting processes, identifying process/product improvements. Work with cross-functional teams to monitor/improve yields and resolve material issues using manufacturing, tests, diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, and specialized test apparatus. The role operates in a fast-paced, ever-changing, manufacturing environment where swift action is required to keep operations moving.
• Performs routine/preventive maintenance and unplanned emergency repairs. Troubleshoot repairs and install replacements as required on machines to assure satisfactory operation with minimum downtime.
• Works from mechanical and pneumatic/hydraulic prints, electric diagrams, manufacturers' printed instructions to troubleshoot and locate problems in functional and control systems.
• Uses mechanical maintenance tools, equipment and machines as required. Full working knowledge of Voltmeters for electrical checks and diagnosis. Safely follows Lockout/Tagout requirements while performing duties.
• Provide facility/building maintenance, both interior and exterior
• Install manufacturing equipment.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of documentation/program for maintaining equipment.
• Perform on-call, if necessary.
• Assist the Engineering team on the development of manufacturing processes.
• Assist Engineering with Component Qualifications / Validations as required per Teleflex and or customer specifications.
• Monitor key process parameters using monitoring tools.
• Identify opportunities to reduce variation, improve scrap rates and productivity throughout the manufacturing process, from supplier management to distribution of product.
• Assist in the generation of process documentation (SOPs, Work Instructions)
• Run and operate appropriate equipment and machines in the production of fiber, suture and suture yarns.
• Perform required in-process testing to ensure conformance with process standards.
• Support manufacturing issues that require Engineering assistance.
• Document operations completed along with yields and reject counts on appropriate production records.
• Receive incoming shipments of chemicals and other facility supplies using safe handling techniques.
• Complete work in compliance with GMP / ISO regulations and within safety guidelines.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED equivalency required; Technical High School diploma preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years in a manufacturing environment or strong demonstratable equivalency required.
• Experience working in a controlled system (Ex: ISO9001/13485, AS9100); Medical device industry background required.
• Experience working with melt extrusion, textiles and or polymerization preffered.
• Basic plc troubleshooting experience preferred.
• Lock out tag out certification preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to read, write and speak English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Machining and fabrication skills, ability to weld, cut and grind and/or fabricate from prints are a distinct advantage. Full understanding of the use of basic hand tools and measuring devices
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
• Understanding of Good Documentation Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Must be available to work weekends and overtime as needed.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis, +50lbs on occasion required
• Ability to work as part of an effective team.
• Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm for quality and yield improvements.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.