The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
1. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
2. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
3. Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
4. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
5. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
6. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
7. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
8. Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
9. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
10. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
11. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Competencies and Abilities
Required Education and Experience
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
1. High School or equivalent. Technical education/background and Associate's Degree preferred
2. Ideally 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing maintenance environment
3. Team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
4. Must be able to understand and apply basic directions with regard to safety procedures, quality standards, production goals, and company rules, regulations and processes
5. Proficiency in operating machinery in routine and non-routine, and complex and non-complex environments
6. Operate within SOP'S and maintain a clean and safe work area
7. Ability to perform to schedule in flexible, dynamic work environment with minimal supervision
8. Ensuring basic quality standards are met
9. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisorPhysical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work Environment
Office environment is a controlled atmosphere building, as well as a manufacturing environment exposed to
dust, odors, and noise.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)