A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform Professional level operational monitoring, maintenance and repair of utility systems and equipment associated with a cGMP contract manufacturing facility. The Maintenance Technician reports to the Engineering Department Manager and assists in meeting the corporate production and growth goals, working with a senior level Maintenance Specialist. In meeting these goals, the Maintenance Technician will ensure that maintenance is performed on schedule in a prompt and efficient manner.
Essential job functions:
- Provide assistance to senior maintenance staff in the performance of Preventive Maintenance (PM) of utility systems and equipment
- Responsible for performing professional level Preventive Maintenance activities
- Ensure Preventive Maintenance documentation is maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Perform and ensure all Preventive Maintenance activities are completed on schedule to maintain regulatory compliance and as outlined in SOP's
- Provide support and assistance with facility related upkeep and general maintenance
- Provide support during Calibration of utility systems instrumentation as needed
- Provide support during Validation of utility systems as needed
Departmental job functions:
- Provide technical support to all departments in a quality and service-oriented approach
- Perform operational monitoring of all facility systems and equipment as part of Engineering Department Requirements
- Complete daily facility inspection checklists
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for after-hours response
- Escort contractors and vendors during performance of troubleshooting, testing and Engineering related activities
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment malfunctions as needed
- Respond to Service Requests for troubleshooting and repair of facilities and equipment
- Maintain job related cGMP training and qualifications in accordance with SOPs
- Maintain requirements to work in clean rooms
- Document PM, Calibration and Service Request activities in accordance with SOPs
Additional Local Needs:
The employee must have the local ability to respond on site to address emergency alarm notifications within 30 minutes.
The employee must have reliable means of transportation to and from the facilities for On-Call duties.
The employee must be able to work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours as required.
The employee must have the ability to perform moderately physical activity.
The employee must have the ability to perform very complex tasks with attention to detail.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Who you are:Required qualifications:
- High School or Equivalent
- 2+ years of Technical, Vocational training, i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Control Systems
- 2+ years of clean room experience
- 2+ years of experience in utility system operations and maintenance, in an FDA regulated environment
- 2+ years of professional, working knowledge of utility systems and equipment
- HVAC, Chilled Water Systems, Heating Hot Water Systems
- Building Management Systems, i.e., Siemens Building Automation
- Purified Water Systems, WFI, Clean Steam
- Boilers and Steam Distribution Systems, i.e. Parker
- Clean Compressed Air and Lab Gas Systems
- Emergency Generators and Electrical Distribution
- Security and Access Control Systems, i.e., TYCO
- Fire/Life Safety Systems, i.e., Siemens
- Boiler Water Chemistry Control
- Programmable Controllers, i.e. Allen Bradley
- Excellent computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel
- Specialized military training, i.e., Nuclear Power
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with electronic asset management systems
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 216683
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time