The Maintenance Technician is responsible for daily maintenance, preventative maintenance and operational availability of the facility's CNC and production equipment, as well as overall building services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment, as well as electrical systems and components on a variety of machines utilized in the plant to include, but not limited to: CNC equipment, manual equipment, metal cutting equipment, presses and forklifts.
- Perform simple welding repair and fabrication of items from blueprints.
- Perform a variety of installation and repair assignments, including minor plumbing work.
- Perform construction of minor and major wood working projects.
- Utilize books and blueprints to locate and repair faulty components.
- Use precision measuring instruments to check machine accuracy (voltmeters, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Specify and requisition replacement parts using books, prints and catalogs.
- Keep all maintenance equipment clean and properly stored.
- Contribute to the cleanliness, efficiency and safety of the facility.
- Apply the principles of lean manufacturing (ABS) in accordance with Policy Deployment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements:Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and program PLC
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical blueprints.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using precision measuring instruments (voltmeters, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Some knowledge and prior experience with plumbing and welding (MIG and TIG) applications is desired
- Demonstrated ability to perform shop math calculations.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Result-oriented with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills which fosters teamwork and collaboration and develops high quality working relationships in order to influence, gain support, and achieve results.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and an advocate for change. Exposure to lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to adapt to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated while taking initiative with projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Basic proficiency with various computer systems, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel) and Outlook.
- Proficiency in English language skills, including effective verbal and written communication
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- A High School diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- A 2-year technical degree is preferred.
- 5 or more years of maintenance experience with CNC and manual machining equipment (lathes, mills, grinders), including experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical/PLC is required.
- Previous experience with gear-cutting (hobbing) equipment is a plus
Majority of time is spent in a manufacturing production environment with some (but not all) climate-controlled areas. Personal protective safety equipment must be worn, and proper safety precautions must be observed. Potential exposure may include, but is not limited to: solvents, dusts, lead, fiberglass, noise, heat, cold.
Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to: frequent walking and standing, occasional twisting, stooping, carrying, handling, pushing, and pulling; climbing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. Potential sensory demands include but are not limited to: hearing and seeing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to
Email blocked - click to apply
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.