Join our Logistics & Distribution Team at Helen of Troy as a Maintenance Specialist and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
What You'll Be Doing:
You will ensure safe maintenance, repairs, and replacement of plant equipment and systems. As the specialist you will ensure maximum productivity and quality in accordance with safety, health, and fire regulations.
Maintenance Specialist Key Responsibilities:
Requirements for Consideration:
- Perform preventative maintenance for building systems (exterior envelopes and interior ceilings, floors, walls, windows, finishes and hardware, keys, panel alarm hardware, etc.), plumbing, electrical (lights, light tube changes, ballasts, outlets, circuitry, electrical panels), and mechanical systems including controls, pump and motors
- Assist with repair of facilities structures, conveyor systems and components, including performing minor repairs to building plumbing, low-voltage, and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life safety protection/equipment systems, sprinkler systems, and assisting in structural inspections
- Assist with the maintenance of induction, air handling, and refrigeration units, including serving, cleaning and inspecting all related equipment
- Identify repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of contractors or vendors; gathers information as directed to assist in estimating/evaluating project costs
- Assist with repair, maintain and install waste, vent, and domestic water distribution systems
- Assist in welding or fabricating tasks
- Repair and maintain small motorized equipment engines and bicycles
- Perform electronic record keeping related to preventative maintenance and repair so that Facilities Management determines the most efficient and effective use of computerized maintenance management and service request systems
- Maintains a working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of facilities
- Responds to emergencies and closures including adverse weather to be certain that all facilities are protected and remain operational
- Maintains appropriate records and reporting for maintenance department
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or relevant experience
- Ability to work well with others in a respectful and diplomatic way, adhering to company values
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. stooping, bending, walking
- Ability to stock and organize products safely and accordingly, as some items are fragile
- Ability to help with process/logistics improvement efforts
- Ability to follow the safety rules and regulations as warranted by OSHA
- Ability to withstand warehouse settings (varying temperatures)
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.