Job ID: 306840
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo .
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance & Repair Mechanic will be responsible for assisting in preventive maintenance, repair, and installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Removes and installs electric, hydraulic and pneumatic machine components to ensure the safe and efficient operation of production equipment
- Troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems to determine causes of machine failure and recommends solutions for repair
- Collaborates closely with Process Technicians and Operators to understand the nature of machine failures or component fabrication needs
- Designs, fabricates, and welds machine components or fixtures to ensure the proper functionality of facility equipment
- Records the details of machine malfunctions and the appropriate adjustments as required
- Conducts test runs of machine adjustments to ensure safe operation and production within quality standards
- Performs routine analyses and calculations, and recommends changes in equipment, products or test methods
- Maintains the cleanliness, functionality, and safety of maintenance equipment, tools, and work areas
- Repairs building and grounds equipment, fixtures and tools as necessary to ensure the safety of all employees
- Performs preventative maintenance and inspections on facility equipment as scheduled
- Recommends changes to the preventative maintenance schedule based on knowledge of equipment issues and required fixes
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements/Skills
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Must have at least 5 years related experience in a fast-paced industrial setting; experience as a multi-skilled technician in an extrusion or injection molding setting is a plus
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, as needed
- Must have the ability to attend off-site training, as offered
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work relatively unsupervised
- Knowledge of power tools
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations
- Ability to read/write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Strong electric and hydraulic skills
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanical power transmission systems
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical prints as well as mechanical drawings
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance, Mechanic, Hydraulics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering