Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 21823
PURPOSE: Mechanically troubleshoot, repair and maintain complex production equipment and systems. Rotating shift schedule including - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, split shifts, weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts, on-call. Daily work activity is directed by the Group Leader and a Machine Repair Mechanic A. Reports directly to the department Foreman.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Performs all task under general supervision.
- Provides training and assistance to less experienced Mechanics.
- Assumes high level ownership during off-shift work periods related to work prioritization, production needs, and safety requirements.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, adjust, and repair automated machines, process systems, and robotic systems to ensure they are working properly and safely.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical).
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield.
- Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
- Adjusts, cleans and lubricates parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Perform adjustments on various forms of process equipment.
- Assists in configuring, commissioning, and testing new equipment while making sure all maintenance and installations are well-documented, working properly, and operating safely.
- Document repairs for regulatory purposes.
- Perform bench work in repairing and maintaining production equipment and spare part assemblies.
- Oversee maintenance contract and service work as assigned.
- Order and maintain spare parts.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work performed.
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Foreman, Group Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired result.
- Adjust schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired result, ability to be on-call and must be able to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent with good safety practices.
- Assist in procedure/equipment upgrades as necessary.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to supervisor.
- Review, understand, and follow all Company specifications and procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are associated with the performance of this job.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Foreman.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Must have successfully completed an Apprentice Program, an Associate degree or Certificate in a mechanical technology or have equivalent job experience.
- Must pass the skilled trade assessment test for this position.
- Must have a basic knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting including power transmission, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Must have a basic ability to diagnose the root cause of a problem, make repairs, and test for proper operation.
- Must have a basic level of knowledge and experience reading mechanical drawings and service manuals.
- Must have a basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to work on close tolerance equipment and/or parts.
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench, micrometers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.)
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts may be required.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious; requiring minimal supervision.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist, forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work at heights of 50 feet. Some work at heights in excess of 300 feet may be required.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and procedures related to this job.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Repair, Maintenance Mechanic, Machinist, Welding, Mechanic, Manufacturing
This job has expired.