Job ID: 293060
Anchor, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Home daily. Competitive pay and benefits including 401K match and paid vacation. This position is responsible for transporting masonry, dry mix, and hardscapes products to stores, jobsites, and distribution yards. This position comes with consistent work and a growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Transport masonry, bagged concrete, and hardscapes materials to customers
- Make assigned deliveries in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution
- Unloading could include operating boom cranes and truck mounted forklifts
- Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as drivers' daily truck log, fuel tickets, delivery documentation, and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain good customer relations
- Perform pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
- Obtain shipping bills and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to the shipping department
- Operate tractor-trailer/vehicle according to state and federal laws and observing all safety regulations established by the company and the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Survey job site and unload cargo in the best area available in a safe manner
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities/items match paperwork and condition is safe for transport
- Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned equipment operations, product quality, customer satisfaction, and traffic
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Must have CDL A
- Must have at least 2 years of current CDL experience
- Safe driving record
- Valid Medical Card
- Must have good communication skills
- Able to work in team environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Required DOT yearly physical
- Employee is frequently required to climb in and out of trucks, moffett, and other equipment
- Perform general physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as: climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Other physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, bending, stretching, using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- A portion of work time is spent in a tractor trailer truck which requires extended amounts of sitting and operating a vehicle according to DOT guidelines
- Position will also require working in warehouse and production areas where temperatures can range from cool to hot and noise level can be moderate to high
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Anchor, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 12, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lancaster Job Segment:
Temporary, Warehouse, Contract, Manufacturing
This job has expired.