Posted in Hospitality and Catering
Process all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens by operating all laundry/dry cleaning machinery in accordance to hotel's standards. Clean, press and finish staff and guest garments, as well as designated guest room fabrics and articles.
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Shaner, Franchise, and the hotel.
2. Ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all guests and employees in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for: a. Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs. b. Confidentiality of all data, including guest, employee and operations data. c. Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements. d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or guests regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with guests and employees.
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: (Include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned.)
• Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and varied shifts, as required to meet the needs of the Company's business operations.
• Maintains standards of quality and cleanliness throughout daily assignments.
• Observes all house and safety rules, housekeeping room procedures, and security procedures.
• Cooperates with Managers and Supervisors and completes any requests from them as soon as possible.
• Uses correct cleaning chemicals, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
• Lifts all required items using correct lifting procedure.
• Uses correct personal protection equipment in accordance with the Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan when handling soiled linens or performing other tasks in which exposure to blood borne pathogens may occur.
• Attends required meetings.
• Sorts, pretreats, washes, dries, irons, and folds linens.
• Inspects linens for tears and/or stains and rejects or reclaims them.
• Mends and sews linens.
• Fills banquet and restaurant linen requisitions.
• Delivers guest service supplies to guest rooms.
• Processes contract-cleaned linens.
• Restocks housekeeping closets and carts.
• Provides towel service to recreation areas.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
• Ability to count.
• Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
• High school graduate.
• Previous experience in similar position. • Knowledge of laundry/dry cleaning equipment and chemical handling.
• Knowledge of finishing techniques for all types of fabrics.
• Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
• Ability to operate all machinery in laundry/dry cleaning areas.
Posted 5 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our