A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We seek a self-starting, passionate Contracts & Proposal Specialist - Technical with the analytical and creative skills needed to execute effective technical scope or work (SOW) writing and proposal/contract generation.
The Contract & Proposal Senior Specialist - Technical (CPSS-T) will report to the manager of the Contracts & Proposal Management (CPM) team and assist the CPM staff in managing all essential team functions. In concert with the business development team, CPM holds responsibility for ensuring efficient generation of all proposals and contracts from initial client request through hand-off of the signed contract to the operations teams for implementation. The successful CPSS-T candidate will be a technical expert on viral vector manufacturing processes gained from experience working in viral vector manufacturing, tech transfer, process development or a combination of these disciplines.
The CPSS-T will have scientific/technical expertise, be proficient in business/office software applications, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and have an understanding of basic business principles. You will need excellent organization and writing skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, gather information efficiently in a team-oriented manner, and communicate status of projects in an effective and timely manner.
CPSS-T responsibilities will include performing tasks including but not limited to:
- Drafting of SOW and other technical contract documents and service descriptions of various types (process development and tech transfer studies, production, filling, testing, storage, engineering projects, and many others).
- Working closely with Technical Sales and Business Development including interfacing with clients to define technical SOW and service descriptions.
- Acting as a liaison and gathering input from the operational / functional teams into the proposal/contracting process (from technical standpoint).
- Developing responses to client Requests for Proposal / Information (RFP/RFI).
- Generating new and updating existing technical service offering templates (standardized SOW templates).
- Developing new labor, material, and other cost estimates independently and in coordination with functional organizations.
- Maintaining and updating the proposal/contract templates and the technical service offering template database.
- Perform price analysis and estimate-to-actuals variance analyses under supervision.
- Collaborate with the Program Management team including but not limited to developing schedules in MS Project, Excel or other software tools.
- Performing special projects such as supporting process improvement plans.
Other tasks/responsibilities may include assisting with:
- Data entry of signed contracts into business management software systems (Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Accounting System, Forecasting System) and managing internal distribution of internal charge lines.
- Electronic routing of contracts for signature (using DocuSign).
- Electronic logging of contracts, contracts folder set-up, filing and distribution of all proposals, contracts, and agreements.
- Running reports in CRM software
- Market research and pricing analyses
- Minimal travel (less than 5%)
You'll be joining a world-class team and your role will have an immediate impact in a business unit delivering some of the most important technologies in bioscience!
If you're motivated by the idea of contributing to the advancement of life sciences in a fast-paced environment, then this is the position for you!Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences related field (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) OR dual degree in Science and a Business-related major or minor with 6+ years of experience OR Master Degree in Life Sciences with 5+ years of experience.
- 8+ years of experience with MS Office (e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience in the Life Sciences business sector (e.g. Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, etc.)
- 8+ years of direct experience in one or a combination of the following: Process Development, Tech Transfer, or manufacturing of viral vectors.
- 3+ years of experience writing technical documents (for example: drafting technical SOW for services, protocols, and reports that are submitted to clients)
- Scientific knowledge and experience with viral vector process development, study design, production, and clinical manufacturing gained from training or direct lab experience highly preferred.
- Experience at a clinical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) or testing facility.
- Experience and/or willingness/desire to interface with clients/customers and other stakeholders.
- Interest in and/or experience in a sales support role.
- Knowledge or experience with the proposal and contracting process and experience with client Requests for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) and/or cost estimating and pricing.
- Experience with or knowledge of business software such as Salesforce.com/other CRM software, Business/ Accounting management software, ERM/ERP, and / or electronic signature software.
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219433
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time