Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a great career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Field Operator in Kermit, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The operator will work on production facilities and compressor/booster stations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ensure operations sites are being maintained in a safe manner.
Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, and replacement of compressors as necessary .
- Knowledge and ability to start/stop compressors as needed
- Write, review, and oversee assigned work permits associated with construction or maintenance in operating areas.
- Become qualified / maintain qualification in assigned DOT pipeline and control room competencies.
- Cross-train throughout asset area and participate in hands-on training in field operations.
- Comply with all applicable company procedures and policies as well as state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Be able to operate independently or from the Operations Control Center by monitoring field volumes, rates, levels and alarms, to directly make adjustments or provide guidance to field personnel.
- Be an active participant our Health Safety and Environmental culture.
- Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Core Values.
Skills / Qualifications
- 1+ years of formal or industry experience in oil/gas field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of screw & reciprocating compressors
- Knowledge of oil & gas operations (Amine and Glycol systems, Compression, pipelines, measurement etc.) desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Cygnet (or other SCADA system), and IMaps (or Google Maps) preferred.
- Good time management, communication and people skills.
Ability to multitask and communicate effectively across cross functional groups
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.