This role provides support and training to ecommerce fulfullment center associates, supervisors, and operations management on: LEAN principles and tools; effective work processes; standard work; work methods; and utilization of data reporting to track key KPIs in order to meet/exceed distribution operational goals. This role also leads the development and maintenance of engineered work standards in distribution processes through a partnership with the operations team.
As member of the HBI distribution team and an extension of the global HBI engineering network, the DC IE role is oriented to providing continuous improvement within the organization. Ideal candidates have ecommerce fulfillment exerpience within a strong LEAN cultured environment.
Using LEAN principles, the quailifed candidate will:
- Evaluate and improve the efficient process flow, process improvement, and safe utilization of labor within the HBI distribution center.
- Lead development and implementation of LEAN culture throughout operations. Regularly involved with classical industrial activities such as: work measurement, facility layouts, data analysis, MHE, productivity improvements utilizing lean concepts, and ergonomic workstation and work tool designs.
- Use the warehouse management system (Manhattan, WMI 2013), Kronos Time & Attendance system, MS Access, Slotting, and AutoCAD, among other software tools.
- Provide the critical engineering data for the development and maintenance of the Labor Management system in the DC and within the distribution network.
- Be responsible for process improvement projects assigned by the Facility Manager in alignment with the Director of Distribution.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to perform in depth data analysis and develop work place solutions within the distribution center.
- Employ strong analytic skills, data mining techniques and database development to drive continuous improvement and work/product flow optimization, including MHE.
Qualified candidate's must have the following:
- Formalized industrial engineering education at the Bachelor's level; Master's level preferred
- 4-6 years' experience in the DC environment
- Subject matter expertise in process improvement strategies including LEAN, Six Sigma and/or ISO.
- A minimum two years professional Industrial Engineering experience.
- Intermediate/advanced experience with data mining and data base development is required.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Access, Word, Power Point and AutoCad.
- Must be an effective and focused project manager.
- Working knowledge of CAD and similar technology and software.
- Must have a keen attention to detail, demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to assessment and analysis of systems and processes.
- Must be able to effectively communication with all levels of team members.
- Must be skilled in the use of persuasion and the facilitation of presentations.
- Must be collaborative, an out-of-the-box thinker and demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: