University of Idaho
Division/College: Student Affairs
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.00 per hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work under the direction of the UI Children's Center Director as a Lead teacher responsible for planning, preparing, implementing and evaluating activities and routines for a developmentally appropriate program according to NAEYC Accreditation Standards; maintaining a physical environment to promote growth; observing and recording developmental levels and progress; developing partnerships with parents and provide care for physical needs of clientele; supervising and evaluating assistant classroom staff; maintaining a safe and sanitary environment; and performing related work.
This is an essential position that will be called upon in the event of an emergency and/or University closure
· Willing to complete or begin the process towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development-Family Studies, Early Childhood Special Education or Elementary Education. Timeline of completion established upon hire. · Two years of experience working with children birth to 5 years old in a group care environment.
· Applicants who are selected as final candidates must be able to pass a State of Idaho Health and Welfare background check.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development-Family Studies, Early Childhood Special Education or Elementary Education.
· Knowledge of NAEYC philosophy and standards.
· Certified in CPR and First Aid procedures.
· Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD.
· On the Idaho Stars Professional Development System.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
· Physical ability to work around small children including standing, sitting, running, and climbing stairs.
· Lift and carry small children up to 50 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002962P
Posting Date: 08/09/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Please provide a letter of qualification addressing the required and preferred experience and education. This document should be more detailed than a traditional cover letter and should address the position qualifications. This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency