The Lead Service Technician will perform job site service inspections and perform service work for the Builder Service Center. This person will support the training of new personnel and will also handle service requests to satisfy the builder's requirements for occupied and unoccupied customer satisfaction. All efforts should be consistent with our Mission Statement, CIP principles and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Support the Operations Manager and or Service Tech Supervisor.
* Inspect work performed by the service technicians and provide feedback.
* Train and develop new Service Technicians through the On-Boarding process.
* Conduct quality audits and provide feedback.
* Train new svc techs on Timberlake Connect.
* Setup service van for proper service use.
* Coverage the routes for vacations and absenteeism for the service technicians.
* Support the Service Tech Supervisor and assist in the warehouse as needed.
* Perform service work for both unoccupied and occupied service work.
* Support efforts by all members of the American Woodmark team to continuously improve departmental, location and company performance.
* Train new employees on safety requirements and procedures.
* Ability to safely operate all necessary power tools (ie.. powered mitre box, table saw, gig saw, powered drills etc..) is required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* High school diploma or GED
* 2 to 3 years' experience with cabinet installation and repairs.
* Ability to build effective business relationship with the builder and homeowners.
* Ability to work with all levels of employees of AWC.
* The ability to work as a team player and have excellent communications skills.
Ability to read and interpret common business documents including reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers/clients.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data establishes facts and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk: talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or fell and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and move a minimum of 75 pounds.
Typical office and construction site environment. The noise level is moderate to high. Significant travel around town is required. Work shifts may vary from standard business hours. Occasional weekend work and extended evening hours is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled