Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lead Sales Engineer provides the development of technology solutions that help customers accelerate their business initiatives across multiple technology domains. The Lead Sales Engineer acts as a key member of the customer-facing team and is responsible for aligning Lumen services and capabilities with customer objectives, representing the Lumen service portfolio and value proposition to prospective customers, and contributing to the overall sales and business development strategy for supported markets. The Lead Sales Engineer will drive customer conversations to uncover, scope, and define customer business objectives addressable by Lumen capabilities while demonstrating ability to influence the sales process effectively and technically to overcome customer objections.
• Leads and Facilitates analysis of customers business needs in person or through collaboration tools to develop solution strategies based on knowledge of customer’s technology environment.
• Initiate and develop strong customer relationships and act as a customer advocate within Lumen to ensure the delivery of an exceptional customer experience
Prepare technical proposals and presentations for customers and provide limited scope responses to service and industry questions.
• Actively participate in account, module, and market planning meetings. Develop solution strategies and recommend service options which align to customer objectives and deliver profitable revenue growth to Lumen.
• Develop responses to client issued Requests for Proposal/Information through design and thought leadership.
• Deliver both formal and informal presentations which effectively represent the industry positioning and capabilities of Lumen, and the business value and ROI of service offerings proposed to customers.
• Develop statement(s) of work, scoping and design documentation, solution summaries, operational support detail, and other technical documentation to outline delivery and lifecycle of services proposed to customers
• Participate in relevant market, industry, or technology organizations / associations, marketing events, and trade shows
• Provide basic service, capability, technology, and industry training to internal and external groups
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to lead customer collaboration, discovery, and whiteboard sessions to draw out technology solutions while establishing lasting relationships with customers. Effective communicator internally and externally.
• Broad understanding of IT concepts, architectures, and processes, with experience supporting networking, software, cloud, or security technology domains
• Must possess a deep understanding of business strategies, execution model and technology enablement within one or more related domains to drive engagement and though leadership with clients
• Understanding of how technology can be applied to address or accelerate customer business objectives. Proficient at both informal and formal presentations to large technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proficiency in Lumen service portfolio and capabilities and/or related technologies and experience from similar role
Preferred Education, Skill and Experience:
Requisition #: 249493
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.