This role's key responsibility will be to market and sell Vancomycin Ready To Use (Vanco RTU) within a defined region of California.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) is accountable for executing a 'targeted sales strategy'to attain Vanco RTU sales quotas within their individual assigned territory. The 'targeted sales strategy' is defined by 'focus' and 'depth' within the key account. The types of accounts will be IDN's/Alternate Sites/Government institutions. The KAM will work as part of a team, however, and have direct accountability for managing all aspects of the customer relationship including GPO contract compliance, price adjustments, new product launch, supply chain issues and product recalls.
Selling Vancomycin RTU is intricate and will involve a comprehensive team selling approach. Thus, it is expected that the KAM will utilize the Strategic Selling methodology. This technique will enable 'depth' of customer knowledge and provide Xellia with an understanding of any needs for adjustment or areas of differentiation. It will also capture red flags or missing information and identify the buying influence's (economic, user, technical and coach). The sales funnel will also be used as a tool to help focus the team on progress.
The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated professional who has a solid key account management experience, with demonstrated success in delivering on the following:
Develop Account Strategy, Segmentation and Target Setting
- Prioritize action plan based on customer value
- With Sales Leadership oversight, identify and develop targets by account
- Create an overview of customer business, identify comprehensive understanding of customer needs (both long term and short term) and identify key buying factors beyond purchasing
- Assess account opportunities, account trends and define aspirations
- Understand formulary and P&T processes for assigned IDN's and key institutions
Build Customer Interactions and Relationships
- Manage relationships with customer decision makers to build partnerships across customer organizations, allowing both parties to extract value
- Build a strong relationship with senior customers, key decision makers and influencers beyond purchasing (total enterprise)
- Conduct regularly scheduled and systematic performance reviews with key customers
- Represent Xellia at select National trade association meetings and conventions
Identify and Drive Actions to Improve the Bottom Line
- Develop and complete a monthly review of an immediate action plan with specific actions to improve earnings based on customer interactions and analytics
- Develop and implement key strategic programs and procedures to maximize - product pull-through for each Key Customer (IDN and Large Institution).
Collaborate with Cross-Functional Teams
- Coordinate information flow and action planning with relevant functions to create a cross-functional support team; align resources required to execute
- Coordinate two-way flow of customer/competitor insights (e.g., shortages, competitor launches)
- Create collaborative customer/supplier teams and share info
- Provide weekly and real-time communication with sales and marketing teams to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support to execute effective pull through strategies on all products
General Administrative Duties
- Record call activity, account information, competitive intelligence and prices throughXellia intranet Link and SalesForce.com
- Create reports/updates in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Oracle BI and Lotus Notes
- Extensive and dynamic Sales experience in a unique corporate environment
- Have a working knowledge of Generic and Brand pharmaceutical Industry, contracting, distribution/wholesalerchannels, pricing structures, chargeback programs, institutional sales, group purchasing organizations (GPOs) and Independent Distribution Networks (IDNs)
- Experience evaluating business trends and assessing market conditions within this industry
- Wide range of ability to strategically plan and executive on all priorities, while managing the changing business needs
- Broad understanding of the areas/actions that impact profitability
- Delivers timely/sound decisions to the business with incomplete information with practical solutions
- Strong customer orientation that results in trust-based customer relationships
- Versatile in executing on schedule
- Solid project management and analytical skills
- Resilient and agile - always seeking new learning experiences
- Self-starter and results driven - always goes the extra mile
- Creative and collaborative
- Excellent organizational and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong negotiating skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years in pharmaceuticals and/or hospital device/equipment sales, experience in institutional and/or IDN account management
- Experience working in teams
Physical Requirements of the Role
- Master's degree
- 7+ years in pharmaceutical industry/institutional and/or sales/market access
- Experience with or specific product understanding of multiple product offerings (i.e. RTU, Injectable, premix, etc.)
- People management and/or home office experience
While performing the duties of the job, the incumbent is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and move freely throughout the property for the duration of the scheduled shift. Must be able to operate a personal computer, specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Xellia Pharmaceuticals is owned by Novo Holding A/S and is a specialty pharmaceutical company leading in the development, manufacture and supply of anti-infective treatments. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Xellia has global facilities in Europe, North America, and Asia, currently employing over 1700 people. With over 100 years of industry experience in developing last resort treatments for infectious diseases, Xellia is focused on the supply of products which not only save lives, but also improve and enhance patients' quality of life. Together with us, you can help lead the fight against bacterial infections.
Read more about Xellia Pharmaceuticals here
This job has expired.