The Correspondent Lending Junior Underwriter performs an initial review of the loan submission to determine if all documentation is included for initial underwriting review. The Jr Underwriter then works with the Underwriter to review and clear conditions to assist in issuing final approval.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review initial submission for loan parameters, income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary title reports, judgements, bankruptcy documents, appraisals, fraud report, and any additional applicable credit documents to determine if file is ready to be submitted to Underwriter.
- Review and sign off on conditions as applicable.
- Adheres to all applicable internal PHH Mortgage policies and procedures.
- Meets determined service level time frame requirements set by management.
- Manage loans by using all functions of Encompass.
- Assist in effectively communicating underwriting decisions to Sellers.
- Maintain high level of customer service and communication both internally and externally.
- May be requested to make recommendations for improving PHH's policies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- One year mortgage underwriting experience with working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA guidelines.
- Three years mortgage experience. Correspondent Lending preferred
- Working knowledge of income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary title reports, judgements, bankruptcy documents, appraisals and any additional applicable credit documents.
- Familiar with Encompass, DU, LPA and FHA Connection.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions both internally and externally in a professional, articulate and respectful manner.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.