ECS is seeking a JAVA/C++Programmer II to work in our Albuquerque, NM office.
ECS is seeking someone who is proficient in object-oriented software design, development experience and significant experience with C++, Java and Java frameworks to support a major national laboratory.
This position is 100% onsite. Candidate will need to live in the Albuquerque area.
- Contribute by working collaboratively with developers, technical leads and customers, developing vision, designing solutions, and delivering high quality and web-based applications.
- Apply mathematics, computer science, engineering methodologies and other relevant skills to develop innovative computer software solutions.
- Involved in all facets of the software development lifecycle (versatile and with a graded approach to rigor) creating predictable and maintainable code.
- Research, assemble, and evaluate all relevant data in order to recommend a sound, practical solution for our customers.
- Inspect codes for quality and conformance to project standards.
- Continually strive to obtain and maintain expertise in all leading development languages and techniques as well as domain knowledge in most mission areas at the laboratories.
- The result of this methodical approach to software development has and will continue to lead to consistent exceptional products being delivered to our customers.
- Participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support reuse and domain analysis.
- Interpret software requirements and design specifications to code and integrate and test software components.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 6 years of applicable experience.
- In lieu of degree, an additional 6 years of relevant experience, totaling 12 years' experience is acceptable.
- U.S. Citizenship is required per Contract to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy Q security clearance.
- Provable software design proficiency using C++ and Java.
- Experience with the use of Real Time operating systems on embedded computer platforms.
- Experience with common software configuration tools such as GIT and Subversion.
- A past record of working effectively and collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally, and in writing.
- The ability and willingness to travel a few weeks out of the year within the United States.
- Broad experience with a variety of Object-Oriented programming languages such as C++, Python, and Java.
- Direct experience with the application of the Greenhills INTEGRITY Real time operating system.
- Experience with the development of embedded software for safety critical applications.
- Knowledge and experience with the application of the DO-178 and Mil-Std-883 Safety standards to software.
- Experience with the use and application of Continuous Integration techniques such as Jenkins.
- Experience designing and applying unit level test methods, and general techniques for software regression testing.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3800+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
General Description of Benefits
This job has expired.