This is what you will do:
As part of the R&D IT team of AstraZeneca's Alexion Rare Disease Unit (RDU), the IT Project Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of IT projects. Those projects will include all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating the system development life cycle and Waterfall or Agile methodologies. The Project Manager is accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. The IT Project Manager will work closely with the business teams and various IT functions (e.g., infrastructure, solution delivery managers, architects etc.) to deliver on various business transformation initiatives. The IT Project Manager will also partner closely with the R&D IT Portfolio lead to become a leader & trusted advisor for the R&D IT team on IT standards, policies, and guidelines as it relates to RDU IT's Strategic Portfolio Management & Operating Model approach. This position reports to the Head of R&D IT and focuses on the implementation of projects within the area of R&D!
You will be responsible for:
You will need to have:
- Driving project management processes (including scope, schedule, risk, issue, resource, and budget management). Build and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
- Driving accurate project chartering and setup and facilitate the definition of the project scope, achievements, tasks, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Establishing a communication strategy in partnership with business and IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Perform team management, driving motivation, collaboration, and performance.
- Working with technical teams and business teams when developing technologies and communication plans to provide an optimal end user experience.
- Managing and preparing the IT portfolio status report and dashboard for IT-Steering Committee, plus tracking required project metrics to drive effective project execution.
- Ensuring that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Supervising any external resources contracted to the project.
- Handling vendor relationships and driving deliverables to meet target dates.
- As required by the project, ensure that Agile standard methodologies (i.e., Scrum, User Story management) are performed.
- Performing high-level business analysis as required to ensure a clear understanding of the scope of projects.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Minimum 5-6 years' experience in IT program and/or Project management in biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Expert project management skills, with solid track record of leading broad, sophisticated and/or strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, GxP Regulations (with focus on Good Clinical (GCP) and Good Pharmacovigilance (GVP) practices) and compliant project management.
- Demonstrated Agile delivery experience.
- Clear understanding and appreciation of business processes and challenges in the R&D function (Research/Labs, Development, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety).
- Demonstrated ability to integrate process, people, quality, and commitment-centric approach to getting work done.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization across geographies with different cross-functional partners to establish and ensure a reliable and productive working relationship.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence.
- Good written and oral communication skills including capacity to comfortably collaborate with senior leaders, including executive staff.
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
- PMP / Agile certification, or equivalent.
- ServiceNow SPM & Jira experience in managing project the lifecycle from initiation through closeout.
- Bachelor's degree Business Management and/or Information Technology management, or equivalent.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.