Job ID: 427419
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
This position is responsible for delivery and management of information system support and projects through all facets of the systems development life cycle improving our financial ERP system (Viewpoint). This requires excellent knowledge of Viewpoint and gives expert advice on how the solution can work effectively and efficiently for CRH. Simplifies and improves business processes leveraging Viewpoint and other applications while providing support and issue resolution. . This position will play a key role in improving information flow by improving current processes and modifying/upgrading current systems.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions
Projects and Improvements
- They should be proficient in translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Participate in systems implementation process by developing and performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, assisting in the development of conversion and implementation strategies, providing user documentation and training, and post-implementation support.
- Plans, tests and documents the configuration of applications and respond to and resolves issues impacting production;
- Analyze and document existing business processes to identify potential areas for process improvement opportunities
- Evaluates business procedures and problems determining the precise nature of the problem and break it down into its component parts.
- After sufficient information has been collected, the analyst prepares charts, diagrams and reports that constitute a representation of the issue and proposed solutions in terms which managers or non-data-processing personnel can understand.
- Provides guidance and support to users to maximize system capabilities and user knowledge
- Improve the quality of reporting and data by identifying and analyzing user requirements
- Conduct research and analysis to accurately and clearly define user requirements and processes to assist in the resolution of highly complex, multi-faceted problems that meet business needs
- Analyze current system interfaces and recommend improvements
Service and Support
- Extensive working knowledge of Viewpoint modules.
- Works closely with the business units across all CRH Materials, using Viewpoint to best support their business processes.
- Performs regular Maintenance and Local Configuration of Viewpoint.
- Understands and troubleshoots Interfaces between legacy systems and Viewpoint or Proactis as required
- Interaction with internal users to address and correct system issues identified. Recording support details utilizing an internal help desk ticketing system.
- Interaction with software vendors to resolve software issues and make enhancement requests.
- Responsible for updating use cases and test scripts for application testing.
- Testing software upgrades and working with vendor to resolve any issues uncovered. Upgrading user documentation to reflect upgrade enhancements.
- Responsible for Change Management Process for financial applications ensuring completeness/accuracy of changes requested.
- Coordinating issue resolution with other support areas as required.
- Participation in Monthly, Semi-Annual audit compliance review and testing, providing supporting documentation as required
- Developing and maintaining procedural documentation related to job functions.
- Ensure business processes and complex technical specifications are properly documented and maintained up to date; Develop training documentation and content for software platforms.
- Responsible for ensuring Viewpoint user documentation is created and maintained up to date, including procedural manuals, training videos, best practice documents, etc.
- Responsible to collaborate with the IT Training team to ensure end user documentation is clearly communicated and training materials are available for new hires;
- Act as an advisor to the BPI team to expand their understanding of Viewpoint capabilities
- Have strong interpersonal skills that help build strong relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Is able to train others on complex tasks and concepts.
- Is able to make formal presentations to others in IT and the business.
- Is able to constructively offer feedback and ideas for improvements in processes, systems, and areas of a technical nature.
- Isle to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Ability to manage small to medium-sized projects, establish project priorities and monitor deadlines; Responsible to ensure that the application meets required service levels
- Responsible to support process improvements to continuously improve the stability and performance of the applications.
- Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for performance improvement
- Ability to understand the root-cause of complex problems , research and propose possible solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fundamental understanding of business processes.
- Understanding of financial accounting
- Understanding of processes supported by the Viewpoint application.
- Demonstrates a high level of analytical and debugging skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop alternative solutions to problems and recommend the best solution for the business.
- Viewpoint database knowledge and basic SQL comprehension.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with non-technical personnel, administrative users, staff, as well as professional Information Technology Staff
- Ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast paced environment.
Work and Physical Requirements
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent, or 4+ years of experience in similar IT or financial support role
- Experience handling customer technical support calls preferred
- Experience with Viewpoint suite of products 5+ years
- ERP system implementation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- The position may require work outside of normal business and/or support an on-call schedule.
- Travel expected up to 5%.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills are important so the function can effectively work with internal technical groups and our end users. Ability to effectively explain complicated technical information to people with less technical knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability troubleshoot and solve problems independently by effectively leverage appropriate tools Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead team members as well as provide customer service.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and provide quality troubleshooting and service quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities
- Normal office working conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH Americas Materials Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Testing, Help Desk, Information Technology, Systems Analyst, ERP, Technology
This job has expired.