As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
The Inside Sales Executive (ISE) is responsible for generating revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management services to small/medium business segment customers of medium complexity. The ISE works through cold calling campaigns, lead source generation and referrals. While responsible for acting on warm leads, the ISE is primarily responsible for generating his/her own sales leads and prospects. A successful ISE consistently meets or exceeds weekly and monthly sales activity goals as well as establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction in all sales transactions. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Searches for potential small/medium business segment customers to develop new business for WM
- Conducts research on prospects to improve chances of providing value to their business
- Conducts pre-sales activities to gain understanding of the customers needs and prepare for the sales call with customers of medium complexity. This includes gathering appropriate marketing material and pricing plans, identifying customer needs and interests to determine the best sales strategy and identifying potential objections with plans to address during the sales call.
Negotiates and closes sales by effectively communicating WMs value proposition and unique differentiation to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements
- Understands and adheres to established and approved WM sales processes
- Presents WM products and services using a consultative approach that clearly shows how the solutions would meet needs and provide benefits; leverages supporting evidence and clearly connects WM solutions to customers business needs
- Adjusts sales technique depending on the nature of the prospect or customer
- Presents compelling arguments to support recommended sales solutions
- Overcomes objections during sales negotiations by emphasizing the value of WM offerings that benefit the customer
- Facilitates agreement to a sales solution that will meet the major needs of both parties
- Finalizes sales agreements with specific actions outlined and commitments for next steps
Conducts post-sale administrative work to ensure product/service implementation is successful III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and a CRM
- Devising Sales Approaches and Solutions
- Expanding and Advancing Opportunities
- Communicate with Impact
- Influence and Negotiating Sales
- Planning and Organization
- Results Driven
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
This job has expired.
) is North America's largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM's fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks - the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America - where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company's sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com