For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Denver,CO,United States | , United States
The Infosec Analyst is responsible for information security incident and event detection, analysis, response, reporting and prevention. You will implement scheduled changes to systems in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring compliance with departmental and enterprise policies and procedures. In addition you will conduct vulnerability assessment of networks and systems providing a review to departments to ensure that integrity is maintained and improvements are processed correctly; analyze log data, network traffic and provide intelligence and metrics-based reporting in security information and event management tools (SIEM); participate in incident response team; accrue familiarity with all policies and procedures, recognize and escalate deviations to the appropriate staff. This role can be based in our Longmont Colorado office or can be remote US.
Systems Administration, Lifecycle, Operations and Maintenance - Perform routine monitoring and maintenance of information security systems, ensuring information protection while adhering to department policies and procedures.
Scanning and Assessment -
- Operate, install and maintain technical protective devices such as firewalls, web proxy, anti-malware, cryptography, IDS/IPS, and other controls
- Implement scheduled changes to Information Security systems in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- Resolve application and system failures and provide general analysis and operational support
- Perform tuning and maintenance of all network security monitoring and data and log collection sensors
- Perform more advanced systems and network administration activities, including installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of systems and networking devices required for department operation
- Perform work assigned via ticket queue in a timely fashion
- Research potential changes to enhance existing systems security, or new products/technical protections, providing in-depth recommendations and performing proof-of-concept testing
Work closely with company and other stakeholders to support information confidentiality, availability and integrity objectives according to established policies and procedures
- Conduct vulnerability assessment of networks and systems providing reports to ensure that improvements are processed correctly
- Develop processes and procedures to enhance the vulnerability management program
Analysis and Response -
- *Participate in penetration testing of company systems, networks and resources under supervision with permission from senior management
Perform information security monitoring, log and traffic analysis, alert research and tuning, and appropriate levels of response or action based on research
Research and Reporting -
- *Record and triage incoming reports from a variety of sources for escalation
- With direction, triage and provide short-run analysis of log data and events from a variety of sources using SIEM and other tools as appropriate
- Provide first/second tier responses to security incidents and events as part of the established incident response process
- Work effectively as part of the computer incident response team
- *Implement indicated countermeasures in coordination with Infosec Operations and Engineering technical leadership
Resolve systems and network issues by identifying issue(s) and researching in a timely manner. Perform ongoing threat intelligence and countermeasures evaluation programs. Productize Operations threat and situational awareness into reports for various parts of the business.
Project Assistance -
- Perform investigatory and litigation support as assigned
- Perform incident trending and analysis of various types to inform threat protection program
- Follow research through until resolution
- Document all issues thoroughly maintaining department files
- Continuously evaluate the status of all work efforts, ensuring all tasks are prioritized to assist in providing timely and quality services
- Monitor issue trends, escalating such trends to supervisor to determine appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve service levels
- Repackage and distribute Operations knowledge of threats, vulnerabilities, incidents and assets on an ad hoc and ongoing basis to further the decision making capabilities of other areas of the enterprise
Participate in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects ensuring established timelines are met Compensation
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The salary for this position is $85,000-$100,000 for employees located in Colorado. Benefits
In addition to a compensation plan commensurate with this role, Intrado offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and flexible spending accounts Qualifications Education
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, MIS, information systems, networking, computer engineering, or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for education requirements. Experience
- Minimum one year experience in technical information security and related disciplines.
- Minimum of one year experience working on a large scale technical project is required
- Basic knowledge of one or more operating systems to be obtained through one year of experience (e.g. Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux, etc.) is required
- Standard programming language (e.g. SQL, Visual Basic, C++, HTML, PERL, Python etc.) experience required
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- On Call rotations 24/7 required
- Ability to pass and maintain in-depth background checks required
- One or more of the following required: SANS certifications such as GCIA, GPEN, GMOB, GCIH; industry certifications such as CISSP, OSCP; and other information technology certifications (A+, CCNA, Network+/Security+)
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Intrado develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Intrado welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.ABOUT THE TEAM
Intrado's Life & Safety division is responsible for some critical parts of our everyday life. Our solutions are responsible for everything that happens after a 9-1-1 call is placed - call routing, delivery, location determination and data management. Whether you call from a landline, cell phone or text 9-1-1, we make sure first responders get the right information at the right time so they can save lives.
Intrado also provides notifications to the utilities, healthcare and educational sectors. Our platform provides multi-modal communications that meet an individual's contact preference and routes over 4 billion notifications each year. At the end of the day, Intrado believes that keeping people in our communities safe, connected and healthy is a top priority.
This job has expired.