MAG Aerospace is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the Product Manager for Electronic Warfare & Cyber in the APG, Maryland area. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the ISSO Roles and Responsibilities as laid out in agency directives, instructions, and memos.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing team in the early stages of a newly awarded 5-year task order with multiple opportunities for upward advancement supporting EW&C. The EW&C program delivers critical capabilities to counter current and future threats, enabling the next generation of warfighting capabilities from sensor to Soldier worldwide. By applying game changing cyber technologies through agile development methodology, we enable battlefield dominance for our Warfighters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
RequirementsMinimum RequirementsKnowledge and Skills
- Perform tasks delegated by the Information Security System Manager (ISSM) in support of various information assurance (IA)/cybersecurity programs such as security authorization activities in compliance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies and procedures including System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Assessment & Authorization (A&A) packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM)
- Maintains operational security posture to ensure information systems (IS), security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed
- Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A)
- Review and analyze system audit logs to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
- Conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems
- Ensure that cybersecurity-enabled products or other compensating security control technologies reduce identified risk to acceptable security levels
- Apply a full range of cybersecurity policies, principles, and techniques to maintain the security integrity of information systems processing classified information
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the Risk Management Framework
- Work with government customers to support computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance
- Input and maintain system documentation into government record-keeping systems like Xacta and eMASS
- Provide Configuration Management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Perform risk analysis whenever an application or system undergoes a major change
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation
- Additional duties may apply
- Must Have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an IA/Security Specialist and OMB Information Security directives/policy compliance
- Must have at least 5 years of direct experience and in-depth working knowledge of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Information Security Guides
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Must hold active Security+, CISSP, CISA, or equivalent certifications (DoD 8570 IAM 2 equivalent)
The minimum years of related experience required:ClearanceEducation
- Bachelors Degree
- 4 years of additional experience may be substituted for degree
- Experience with effective policy, instruction, and development for Federal or DoD Information Security Programs
- Experience with performing Security Control Assessment in compliance with NIST SP 800- 37, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-53A, and other NIST 800 guides
- Experience with risk analysis and assessment determinations
- Experience with eMASS
- Experience with Xacta
- Current CI Polygraph
- Ability to work in an office/SCIF environment
The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.
This job has expired.