Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 77,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 12.0 billion in 2019 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 16 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of Continuous Improvement projects that include: reduction in cycle times, reduction in scrap, the improvement of processes, etc.
- Assist in the education, coaching and mentoring of all employees in lean methodology and leading lean manufacturing initiatives and programs throughout the plant such as work flow improvement, 5S, work station efficiency, etc.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Work with program management team members in order to meet new program launch timing. This will include the following:
- Participate in design reviews.
- Lead the MAHLE Manufacturing Optimization process:
- Develop and implement new line locations and layouts.
- Develop individual producer tasks.
- Ensure plant ergonomic requirements are met.
- Develop flow charts.
- Develop process FMEA's.
- Develop standard work charts.
- Develop WIP standards.
- Complete capacity analysis documentation for customers.
- Participate in product launch customer visits.
- Complete run at rate documentation.
- Create and enter new work centers, routings, production versions into SAP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience in plastic molding & assembly preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD is required.
- Automotive Industry Core Tools Certification desired
- Green Belt / Lean Kaizen certification desired
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.