About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia Group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has approximately 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Supervise and coordinate operations such as receiving, materials processing, and unit operations to assist in meeting the plant's production goals. Performs emergency coordinator functions as well as daily compliance checks. Ensures security of the facility. Monitors fire protection system and conducts daily inspections.
- Conducts start of shift toolbox meeting discussing safety concerns, planned activity, and future events.
- Coordinates daily activities of operating and production personnel. Supports goals/objectives of Operations Department.
- Maintains accurate log of shift activity including production, power, mechanical breakdowns, repair work, and operating mode.
- Point of contact for communication with employees inside and outside of plant.
- Work flexible schedule that may includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Monitor control panels make adjustments on DCS.
- Monitor flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units.
- Monitor and document operating conditions/observations and data in daily shift log.
- Troubleshoot operational and mechanical problems. Take corrective action as necessary.
- Verify and report suspected malfunctions and variances as directed and take corrective actions.
- Issue work requests and support repair scheduling.
- Creates and distributes staffing schedule.
- Manages/coordinates response to all shift emergencies as necessary. Implements contingency plan as instructed & makes necessary notifications.
- Comply with appearance and dress policies to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Work effectively in a team environment and provide support and assistance to others.
- Assist with collecting data and completing reports/ projects to support business operations
- Lead special projects to improve safety, operations, and employee development
- Train other employees to safely and properly use equipment at site.
- Take initiative to offer solutions and assist in problem solving at site.
- Promptly responds to all incidents and injuries.
- Promptly reports all equipment malfunctions.
- Coordinates the clean up of any shift spills.
- Conducts incident investigations and documents a summary of the incident including date and time of the incident, date and time the investigation began, date and time the incident was reported, the employee and equipment involved, direct causes, contributing factors, and any corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Performs RCRA inspections as required. Resolves all identified issues immediately, if possible or initiates a Remedial Work Order (RWO).
- Directs personnel to ensure good housekeeping throughout facility.
- Ensures security of plant site; i.e. gates and buildings locked.
- Completes daily compliance/housekeeping checklist.
- Moves roll-offs, trailers, etc. when requested.
- Ensures that the facility operates in full compliance with its permits.
- Ensures that the personnel follow all applicable procedures and work rules.
- Assists in resolving all problems with the site's fire protection system and perform required inspections.
- Reviews and updates assigned Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Site Plans, and CMS tasks.
- Coordinates and schedules the pumping of liquids into vac tankers and schedules into external facilities.
- Assists in all area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Education / Experience / Background:
- High school diploma or GED required
- College level courses or equivalent work experience preferred
- 7 - 10 years experience in the power industry preferred
- 5 - 10 years incineration experience preferred
- Boiler, turbine generator, cooling tower, Air pollution control (APC), shift supervisor experience of at least 7 years required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas: DOT, EPA, RCRA, and OSHA
- Knowledge of the following EH&S functions: First Aid, CPR, Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Preparedness, Incident Reporting/Incident Investigation, work/safety rules, RCRA Inspector
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary
- Ability to work off-shifts and weekends as requested
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and team building.
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to accommodate site needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training:
- HAZWOPER Certification - Training provided
- MACT Certification -Training provided
- Arkansas State Boiler License - Training provided
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.