University of Idaho
IdahoSTARS Quality Child Care Consultant
Location: Off Campus Location - Boise
Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The IdahoSTARS Quality Child Care Consultant increases the quality of child care in Idaho through coaching, mentoring, and training child care educators throughout the region. The Consultant partners with child care educators to create recommended interventions using evidence-based best practices derived from peer-reviewed research and national professional guidelines and assessment criteria. The Consultant evaluates implementation results and guides child care educators through reflective progress engagement and goal-focused outcome achievement. The Consultant also recruits and orients child care educators for participation with the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System (PDS), the Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS), and the Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP).
• Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or any associates degree with at least 30 ECE related college credits. Experience:
• Five years experience in the field of early care and education which could include experience as a preschool teacher, child care provider, child care director, or educator of young children in a child care or elementary setting;
• Conducting adult workshops and/or providing training (small and large groups);
• Providing liaison with customer/provider groups.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or any bachelor degree with at least 36 ECE related college credits.
• Strong understanding and ability to coach adult learners to implement quality practices;
• Interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines;
• Possess a good understanding of the written and spoken English and Spanish languages utilizing appropriate grammar and accurate spelling.
• Quality inclusive care;
• Coaching in early childhood settings;
• Computer literate to include database experience;
• Gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts;
• Devising solutions to problems;
• Interpreting federal or state regulations/guidelines.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills;
• Work in a team setting to accomplish goals;
• Use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar in composing written statements;
• Manage a variety of projects simultaneously;
• Portray a professional demeanor;
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP003124P
Posting Date: 11/29/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants need to address each individual required qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply, in their letter of qualification. Applications received before December 13, 2021, will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency