Position/Job Title: IA Policy and Compliance Certified Professional - Senior
Work Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia - U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence
The Cyber Center of Excellence (CCoE) is the U.S. Army's force modernization proponent for Cyberspace Operations, Signal/Communications Networks and Information Services, and Electronic Warfare (EW), and is responsible for developing related doctrine, organizational, training, materiel, leadership/education, personnel, and facility solutions. A major aspect of the CCoE's mission is the training, education, and development of world-class, highly skilled Signal, Cyber, and EW professionals supporting operations at the strategic, operational, and tactical level.
Today's broad and rapidly changing global operational environment means the Department of Defense and the nation are required to function within an increasingly competitive, congested, and contested cyberspace and electromagnetic spectrum. Ultimately, the CCoE must enable commanders and leaders to seize, retain, and exploit freedom of action in both the land and cyberspace domains, while simultaneously denying and degrading the adversary use of the same.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Not listed in order of importance and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
Job Requirements Education/ Requirements
- Conducts information systems security programs that involve access to computers and computerized data to meet requirements for network security through firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are operating securely, and that information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
- Develops, evaluates, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems, and software deployment tools.
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, communicates, and implements new security software or devices.
- Implements, enforces, communicates, and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems security education/awareness programs.
- Conducts routine investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management.
- Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports.
- Highly proficient in application of professional concepts in accordance with STG policies and procedures to resolve intermediate to advanced analysis/programming issues.
- Works under some supervision but also expected to utilize independent judgment and initiative. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy, and accuracy.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Accurately estimates deadlines and readjusts duties as needed. Avoids last-minute crunches.
- Keeps manager and team members informed and participates actively within the team by sharing information.
- Displays self-confidence and shows strong initiative.
- Demonstrates well-developed communication skills.
- Assists in providing technical guidance to less senior technical staff.
- Interacts closely with managers, colleagues, and customers.
- Structures logical documents and writes sections that require only minor editing.
- Explains and presents good ideas frequently, effectively, and with confidence.
- BS/BA + 10 yrs.
- 10 Years' experience
- IAM III (CISSP (or associate), GSLC, CCISO or CASP, CISM or GSLC)
- Ability to see and read computer screens, concentrate for long periods, and remain in a sedentary position. Requires sitting for long periods. Ability to communicate via computer and telephone.
- Desired Skills: Under general supervision, assists in the support of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) or other IA/CND Compliance and Auditing processes and inspections for all enterprise systems and networks; assists in the development of all associated documentation.
- Assists in the compliance reviews of computer security plans, performs risk assessments, and assists in security test evaluations and audits. Analyzes security requirements for information protection for enterprise systems and networks.
Professionally certified as Technical Level I as defined by DODI 8570 is a requirement.
- U.S. Citizen
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including, but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.