A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: At MilliporeSigma, the purpose of the HVAC Maintenance Tech 2 is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems and to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members. This is a multi-skilled position that can complete work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
- Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Participate in the call-in program.
- Complete required training curriculum.
- Provide direction and expertise to others in the department
- Use the Management of Change Process effectively.
- Use good documentation practices.
- Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Accept direction and meet deadlines
- Read, understand, and follow through of work instructions and procedures
- Write clear, thorough work instructions.
- Utilize basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email) and CMMS software.
- Operate forklift, man lift, hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.)
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics.
- Read gauges and understand units of measure.
- Identify parts needed for a repair.
- Possess understanding of materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
- Troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
- Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and repair heating equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair dehumidification equipment.
- Generate and lead process improvements
- Solder and braze copper and pipe
- Work weekends, holiday on-call and after-hours duty
- Walk, stand, reach above the shoulders.
- Use feet to operate equipment.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear.
- Use hands to operate tools and equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator, and face shield.
- Work at varying heights.
Shift: Mon- Thursday. 9pm until 7:30 am.Who you are:Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED OR Trade school experience in industrial maintenance or relevant to the field of HVAC
- Universal EPA Certification
- Valid driver's license
- 3+ years of maintenance/HVAC experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and 5S skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity
- Strong understanding of electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.)
- Previous experience utilizing building management systems
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 216219
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time