Human Resources Generalist
We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist who reports to the KSAS/WSE Office of Human Resources, HR Manager of Operations and provides independent professional HR generalist support to the faculty staff and students within the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, and Whiting School of Engineering; and may include the HR functional areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, talent management, training, compensation/benefits administration, HRIS, communications, payroll, and others as needed. This position is located at the Homewood Campus (Baltimore).
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Employment (40%)
- Develop and implement proper staff recruitment protocols and training to be followed in both the Krieger School and Whiting School of Engineering to ensure uniformity across the schools on best recruitment practices
- Consult with managers and supervisors to assess staffing needs and assist them in developing requisitions and job descriptions based on those needs
- Interview and screen staff applicants, provide interview training and coordinate searches with recruiter, hiring departments and search committees
- Partner with managers, supervisors, and JHU Compensation to determine appropriate compensation for prospective employees, merit increases, equity adjustments, etc.
- Assist with faculty applicant tracking and dissemination of information
General HR Consultation (30%)
- Assist departments with hiring temporary staff from agencies
- Assist departments and supervisors with guidance during the introductory period to ensure the identified candidate is successful and is the proper fit for the position
Employee Engagement Survey (10%)
- Act as consultant/contact/liaison for faculty, staff and management on HR issues including personnel practices and University policy, employee relations, compensation, training, recruitment and benefits. Partners with KSAS/WSE HR Manager or Director as needed
- Coordinate and/or implement Supervisory Training courses
- Assist managers/supervisors in the completion of performance evaluations
- Increase employee engagement and maintain positive employee relations by facilitating communication and problem resolution
- Under the direction of the KSAS/WSE HR Manager or Director, draft and review disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans
- Provide one-to-one counseling to support progressive discipline and actions
- Assist departments in writing/updating position descriptions for classification review
Professional Development (10%)
- Assist Krieger School and Whiting Schools with analyzing and interpreting the results of the employee engagement survey
- Assist with understanding the results and implementing action items
Transactional & Office Administration (5%)
- Define and Provide professional development assistance to staff
- Assist departments and staff in career pathing
Other Duties (5%)
- Administer JHU's staff policies and processes for KSAS/WSE; maintain appropriate records for both schools
- Initiate and/or approve various HR transactions within SAP to establish positions, hire, change salaries, etc.)
- Participate in the execution of payroll transactions in SAP as an initiator and/or approver
- Generate BW Analysis reports to track information, review salary equity, develop organization charts, etc.
- Serve as backup to the Payroll Coordinator for E210 timekeeping system administration and other payroll functions
- Perform JHED administration functions as needed for new hires, contractors and current JHED ID holders
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Serve as backup to other HR Generalists within KSAS/WSE
- Advise employees on human resource programs available within JHU, such as mediation, mySupport (Faculty and Staff Assistance Program), Work/Life, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field
- Three years of progressive experience in a professional human resources capacity
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- 5+ years of related experience strongly preferred
- Prior JHU experience, or experience in higher education is a plus
- Experience with SAP or other enterprise resource planning software is a plus
- Familiarity with Interfolio or other applicant tracking software is helpful
- Knowledge of employment laws (including FLSA, FMLA), recruiting procedures, compensation practices, personnel reporting and record keeping as well as employee relations required
- Knowledge of benefits administration and immigration regulations strongly desired
- Must have proficiency working with the internet, databases and spreadsheets, as well as word processing and electronic mail
- Strong consulting and mediation skills needed to be able to provide appropriate counsel and advise
- Must have the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing and to work collaboratively with others both within KSAS/WSE and externally
- Creativity and resourcefulness needed to be able to handle various HR issues and concerns effectively while maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to anticipate needs and follow through
- Must demonstrate good judgment, strong initiative and energy as well as a cooperative spirit
Classified Title: HR Generalist
Working Title: Human Resources Generalist
Starting Salary Range: $51,210 - $70,480 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Dean Office of
Personnel area: School of Arts & Sciences
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Human-Resources-Generalist-MD-21218/821738000/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.