Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources issues. Assist employees with internal and external transfer requests and procedures. Monitor and assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues. Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number verification. Maintain applicant flow, drug screen, orientation and transfer request logs. Create and maintain new hire and personnel files and enter them into Human Resources Information Systems. Assist with orientation of new employees. Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards. Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's). Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property. Create and maintain filing systems. Generate Human Resources data reports as necessary Answer phone calls and record messages. Create and type office correspondence using computer. Serve as Human Resources subject matter expert and participate on project teams. Train new hires on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files, and information.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, transfers, I-9's, reference checks, Drug Free Workplace Policy (DFWP), applicant self-identification forms, department orientation check list).
- Answer phone calls and record messages.
- Create and type office correspondence using computer.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Assist management in screening resumes, providing interview documentation and selecting new hourly hires using selection tools and systems.
- Meal break compliance tracking (CA).
Talent Acquisition Team Support
- Perform administrative tasks as requested in support of the Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise on an as needed basis.
- Attend meetings and conference calls as requested.
- Ensures appropriate drug test and background checks are completed.
- Engaging with third-party vendor to post positions on Social Media by providing relevant requisition information from Workday to include position summary, location, requisition number and stock image from library of images to accompany posting as directed by Corporate Recruiter.
- Submit jobs to Marriott International for posting as directed by Corporate Recruiter.
- Post jobs to niche recruitment sites as directed by Corporate Recruiter.
- Assist in relocation administrative process by submitting relocation and temporary housing forms to Marriott International as directed by Corporate Recruiter.
- Search resumes on sites such as CareerBuilder or LinkedIn under the direction of Corporate Recruiting.
- Schedule interviews for Corporate Recruiters and Hiring Managers as requested
- Auditing Workday to ensure hire/transfer process is completed timely in Workday; following up as appropriate.
HR Communications and Relations
- Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines.
- Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the company or property.
- Ensure posting all necessary legal or regulatory notices related to Human Resources in view of all employees as required by law.
- Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources Program issues.
- Provide benefits administration support including assisting associates with enrollment in benefits.
- Creates and orders site ID Cards.
- As the New Hire On-boarding Coordinator, conducts Orientation and is responsible for administration, scheduling, and ensuring compliance with deadlines for completion.
- Submits and tracks all orientation training or all other training attendance to the Learning Administrator.
- Point of contact for Spirit to Serve events.
- Receive and distribute Service Awards/Benefit Materials/Posters.
- Post Required Legal Posters/Information.
- Point of contact for Kiosk Maintenance.
- Point of contact for Time Clock Maintenance.
- Conducts on-site research for Unemployment Hearings/Legal cases.
- Assist management and associates with modified duties, etc. for Workers Compensation cases.
- Responsible for new hire Drug Testing, Chain of Custody forms.
Working with Others
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Speak to employees and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within three rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Policies and Procedures
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of employees and coworkers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent.
- One to three years; or bachelors' degree.
- No supervisory experience is required.
- Maintaining Confidentiality
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Computer Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Personal Attributes
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture