The Facility Security Officer 2 serves the various constituencies of the university in a manner
that is consistent with the educational philosophy and principles of the institution. The primary
objective of the position is to reduce the threat of physical harm, protect the physical assets of the university and to provide assistance and emergency response services as warranted.
1. Enforce the rules, regulations and policies of the university, and applicable local/state/federal laws, in order to maintain a peaceful and orderly academic environment. (32%)
2. Respond promptly and professionally to requests for assistance and emergencies; provide effective "First Responder" support in all medical emergencies. (21%)
3. Conduct walking patrols and thorough security checks of all assigned university facilities in order to ensure their integrity and the safety of their contents. (21%)
4. Submit comprehensive written reports as assigned. (9%)
5. Provide security and crowd control at special events. (6%)
1. Perform all security, public safety, law enforcement, protective service, or emergency/general service as instructed. (4%)
2. Provide staffing support to the facility security monitor assignments as required. (3%)
3. Officers will at times be required to be on-call for staffing emergencies. (3%)
4. May appear in court on criminal matters. (1%)
Department: Frequent contact with departmental staff.
University: Frequent contact with university staff and faculty
External: Occasional contact with university visitors, guests, business invitees, prospective students and their families and the general public.
Students: Frequent contact with university students
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Experience: Prior security experience preferable. Must pass a thorough background investigation including criminal history. Candidates will be required to undergo psychological screening and a physical agility skills assessment.
Education/licensing: High school education required; two-year degree in Law Enforcement/ Criminal Justice preferred.
1. Have an understanding of the security function within an educational institution.
2. Possess the ability to interact in a sensitive, courteous and understanding manner with members of a diverse academic community.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills
4. Ability to operate monitors and video cassette recorder.
5. Must be familiar with and able to operate fire and security equipment located at the site.
6. Ability to effectively interact with supervisors, colleagues and customers face to face.
7. Ability to meet consistent attendance.
Exposure to inside and outside environmental conditions. May require extended hours and/or weekends.
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago