Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. has launched a new customer engagement approach designed to better deliver on patient, caregiver and HCP needs in an evolving healthcare environment. The new model is built around where patients get their care-locally, with the intent to better serve patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers, delivering a higher quality experience that ultimately is focused on improving patient care.
The local "ecosystem approach" creates a unified focus among account management, medical, patient access and market access to engage local healthcare systems and identify opportunities to improve the patient experience. Through this matrix model, customers will now experience more coordinated and seamless care with digital-enabled support to help bridge care gaps.
The Health Science Advisor will report directly to the respective Ecosystem Lead, coordinating with cross-functional colleagues in Medical (Clinical and Scientific Liaisons (CLS), Market Access (HSAMs), and Patient Support (Patient Education Liaisons (PELs)) under appropriate guardrails. This individual will serve as the main point of contact/connection to healthcare provider (HCP) customers and should have a wide breadth of expertise, (e.g., able to address complex on-label information based on approved content and training, able to promote two products.
In Otsuka's evolved customer engagement model, the Health Science Advisor will work with customers and colleagues to drive value through a variety of in-person, virtual and digital tools to offer solutions and expertise that will support enhanced patient outcomes.
1. Serve as the main point of contact/connection to healthcare provider (HCP) customers to deeply understand their specific needs and address their clinical and business goals and challenges in support of improved patient outcomes, and improved quality of care.
- Conduct proactive outreach to HCPs on topics such as:
- On-Label/Consistent-with-label Info: proactively share information that is on or consistent with the label consistent with approved materials, including confidently and skillfully handling complex on-label information.
- Product access: local market payor coverage and co-pay, prior authorization, formulary placement, specialty pharmacy, REMS, and availability expectations.
- Established guidance on patient care: example system protocols, standard of care guidelines, discharge protocols, and published expert opinions (or share menu of options and direct accordingly).
- Share product knowledge, clinical understanding, and insight into the patient experience to educate and enable HCPs to make informed decisions about treatment choices and patient resources.
- Appropriately connect providers in real time to on-demand CSSs as questions arise.
- Develop and apply knowledge of customer and market landscape in the territory to support favorable position Otsuka's products.
- Conduct business to the highest ethical and professional standards, consistent with Otsuka guidelines and policies.
2. Contribute to the development and execution of local and ecosystem business plans and strategy to deliver upon the strategic vision and local ecosystem priorities.
- Elevate opportunities and feedback to ecosystem lead, including local market insights to inform setting of local strategy and business goals; appropriately collaborate with ecosystem team to adjust targeting and call point plans and action on insights collected from customer-facing roles.
- Devise and implement customer specific selling strategies within the ecosystem that evaluate and address the practitioners' perspectives and the institution's philosophies within compliance guidelines.
- Keep abreast of customer and healthcare industry trends. Initiate development actions to constantly adapt and grow capabilities to increase impact.
- Develop and apply therapeutic expertise to position the product favorably within the ecosystem.
- Conduct research to validate target potential, assess competitive landscape and customer needs.
3. Build and maintain long-term relationships with all key stakeholders to support the achievement of wider business and commercial objectives.
- Strengthen and expand relationships with HCPs and key staff members to enable a coordinated approach across the care continuum in a complex stakeholder environment to enhance clinical practices and patient experience.
- Be a customer solution provider and support HCPs and their staff in identifying trends, understanding competitive conditions, and sharing knowledge of therapeutic practices within the ecosystem.
- Engage customers through a variety of approved virtual or digital tools and direct customers to other colleagues as needed (e.g., CSL, PEL); close the loop on customer requests ensuring that they have been met and ask for feedback on quality of engagement.
- Conduct complex issue resolution for customers by effectively communicating with both customer and appropriate company colleagues.
- Facilitate speaker programs; organize local provider groups for discussions on experiences and outcomes with local/regional leaders.
- Bachelor's degree: Scientific or clinical degree.
- Previous cross-functional industry experience in commercial life sciences (pharma or biotechnology) or related industry engaging with key healthcare ecosystem players (e.g., payers, health systems), is preferred
- 4 or more years' experience working in a sales role with HCPs, ideally representing multiple products and working across a complex healthcare system environment
- Clinical nurse or Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) experience highly valued
- The ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformation is a strong plus
- Proven track record in coaching, training and/or mentoring peers or others as assigned; helping such others to better meet or exceed their goals, targets, and other responsibilities
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
- Self-starter: ability to seek out relevant information, prioritize, and apply information to solve complex problems in the ecosystem
- Ability to assimilate and communicate complex clinical and product information
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully addressing operational issues in the delivery of healthcare products to patients, such as reimbursement and supply
- Understanding of industry legal, regulatory and compliance landscape
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.