As a Health & Safety Specialist, you will be located at one of our consumer goods client facilities on a daily basis, and work with their on-site EHS and Management team to provide health and safety services, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance. You will be responsible for development and implementation of required safety, health, and related management system programs and processes.
This position is a full-time role that will be embedded with our client and no travel anticipated. This position is immediately available and is a long-term contract position.
We desire an experienced candidate with demonstrated skillsets in areas such as: technical practices and programs used in the reduction of workplace hazards, knowledge of worker safety regulations as they relate to manufacturing and procedures used to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and ergonomic hazards. In addition, strong organizational skills, as well as exemplary written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Demonstrated ability in area such as the following are highly desirable: OHSMS Management Systems (ISO 45001), Written Program Development, Ergonomics, Training, Occupational Health, Process Safety Management, Machine Guarding, Laser Safety, Fall Protection, and Incident Investigation.
Typical job assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Representing a team environment with collaborative skills and professional behavior to foster positive EHS culture.
- Conducting or responding to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant to minimize health and safety risks
- Coordinating and communicating findings of internal and external audits to management staff and ensure items of non-conformance are addressed and corrected according to schedule.
- Effectively translate safety goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
- Routinely review safety results with plant personnel to maximize facility performance.
- Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety culture.
- Participate in industry organizations to stay current on technologies, process and regulations.
- Seek, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embrace change introduced by others.
- Design, implement and execute programs and processes to protect the safety and health of employees and contractors.
- Ensure facility compliance with applicable health & safety regulations.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Assist in development of policies, training, and written procedures as needed and in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Conduct equipment reviews during tool procurement and placement including chemical exposure, machine guarding, ergonomics, etc.
- Audit and inspect facilities for compliance with applicable regulations; track corrective measures to closure.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Engineering, Ergonomics, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience working with organizational health & safety.
- 7+ years of industry experience is preferred.
- ASP, CSP, or CIH is a plus.
- Must have a deep understanding of OSHA regulations and their applicability. Further understanding of NFPA, DOT, EPA, and/or international health & safety regulations is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in industry or consulting to manufacturing firms, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, or other general industry companies.
- Familiarity with EHS management systems such as OSHA VPP, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 is a plus.
- Able to work independently with an attention to details and manage multiple assignments and projects.
- Must have a strong desire to talk with, influence, lead a team, and directly interface with multiple clients and stakeholders. Additionally, must be able to take direction and coaching from both clients and team members.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Compliance with any client requirements, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical examination, drug-screen and have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Antea®Group focuses on safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment - Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
Additionally, if you are assigned work in the field at client project sites you will need to complete a medical surveillance/fitness-for-duty examination and maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Medium to heavy work
- Subject to outside environmental conditions: heat/cold, wind, wet and/or humid, etc.
- Occasional stooping (bending body downward and forward), kneeling (bending legs at knee), crouching (bending body downward and forward) and climbing
- Frequent lifting (including push/pull, hold/carry) of light, moderate and possibly heavy weight objects
- Subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, including but not limited to: proximity to moving vehicles, parts or equipment; exposure to chemicals; pressure (including noise); electrical hazards; biological hazards; excavation/trenching; confined spaces; elevated work; materials handling
- May be required to wear an air purifying respirator
Antea Group offers excellent benefits to its full-time and part-time employees including, but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision plans; 401(k); disability; life insurance; paid time off; and a comprehensive wellness program.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected categoriesNO RECRUITERS PLEASENO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
This job has expired.