A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Head of Molecular R&D you will lead the R&D team and be responsible for setting the direction for our growing Molecular Diagnostics and Critical Raw Materials business. You will also:
- Create vision for Molecular R&D growth by identifying new technology platforms and integrating molecular techniques
- Design plans for growth and effectively communicate concepts to management and other stakeholders
- Maintain or accelerate pace in existing projects by constantly evaluating externalization options
- Network with relevant functions to understand customer needs, develop and maintain relationship with key customers
- Direct the R&D team with senior and junior scientists to foster curiosity while maintaining product development timelines
- Support strategy initiatives (e.g. sustainability) and business development evaluations
- Embody MilliporeSigma Leadership Behaviors: Be Purposeful, Be Future Oriented, Be Innovation, Be Results-Driven, Be Collaborative, Be Empowering
- Understand and maintain compliance to ISO9001 & ISO13485 quality systems
- Actively develop talent in the team and extended organization
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in biological science or closely related life sciences with ten (10) years of experience in life science industries, 8 years with MS or 5 years with PhD.
- Previous management and leadership experience
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technologies
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize scientific information and compile action plans (e.g. paper or lab evaluation) for product development
- Able to gather conflicting opinions and chart scientifically viable paths to prove or disprove hypotheses
- Aptitude to evaluate technologies based on knowledge of customer needs, as conveyed or validated by other groups in the organization, e.g. marketing, commercial
- Ability to network and collaborate with leaders in other functional areas, e.g. product management, other R&D leads
- Strong ability to chart stable path despite ambiguity and changing directions
What we offer:
- Experience in a GMP/ISO certified scientific lab
- Knowledge of P&L
- Experience in FDA regulated biotechnology environment or ISO9001/ISO13485-based quality system
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219592
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time