Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 77,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 12.0 billion in 2019 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 16 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- Works directly with the Plant Manger and local management team to ensure MAHLE is an Employer of Choice by helping maintain an environment where employees are engaged in our business and know we value them.
- Directs budgeting and forecasting functions for the plant. Ensures effective strategic and financial planning, standard and ad hoc reporting and daily operations analysis for the plant.
- Actively manages risks and opportunities to ensure achievement of business plans. Provides responsible managers with feedback on financial performance, and actively engages with the management team to develop and track action plans.
- Leads, manages and develops the capability of direct reports and supports the development of other colleagues. Develops controlling function team through establishing appropriate development plans, goals, and objectives. Provides feedback and coaching to team members, actively supporting them in achievement of their goals and objectives.
- Inspires and engages with operational and functional managers to understand and achieve Business Unit objectives. Interfaces with all functions in the organization to ensure the financial concepts are well prepared and well understood.
- Leads management reporting for the plant including cost center performance to budget and product profitability. Provides responsible managers with feedback on financial performance and actively engages with the management team to develop and track action plans.
- Actively partners with the Plant Manager and the Site Leadership team to identify and implement continuous improvement and cost optimization activities.
- Actively participates in Regional and Global initiatives for Controlling, Finance, Accounting, and Tax including standardization, process improvements, consistency of practices, and data accuracy.
- Works directly with project leaders to develop business cases for strategic and improvement projects, including capital expenditures. Supports and actively participates in the preparation of business cases, ensuring all major impacts are considered.
- Controls working capital and capital expenditures.
- Establishes effective, well documented procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with all relevant government and company regulations.
- Monitors and controls expenses in the plant, holds the management team accountable to ensure that costs are flexed to activity levels.
- Ensures all matters related to Controlling, Finance, Accounting, and Tax for the plant are properly addressed.
- Collaborates with the BU2 North America Controlling, BU2 North America Plant Controllers at other locations, and Shared Services Finance and Controlling on all Controlling, Finance, Accounting, and Tax matters to ensure consistency of practices and efficient use of MAHLE resources.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive financial information at a level of detail suitable for the audience for plant management, North American leadership and MAHLE Executive Leadership.
- Primary interface with MAHLE North America Finance, internal and external auditors, and governmental bodies related to finance, controlling, and local tax matters.
- Actively collaborates across functions and locations on projects that will improve financial results, controlling efficiency, accuracy of available information, or other topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited four-year college or university required; MBA or professional accounting certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with increasing management and supervisory responsibility required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Plant Controller role; knowledge of MAHLE or experience in a complex manufacturing setting required.
- Experience with product cost, including standard costing, in a manufacturing environment (preferable automotive).
- Knowledge of German Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is desired.
- Experience sophisticated ERP environment required, experience with SAP strongly preferred.
- Global or multi-national business experience required.
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of business problems.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility.
- Proven planning abilities, including successful execution of such plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.