GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM
Grill Cook, $17.00+/hour
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring Full time Cooks for our client location in Chantilly, VA!
This position pays $17.00-19.00/hour.
This position is full time, Monday thru Friday, and comes with benefits such as:
- meal credits towards breakfast and lunch
- options for medical, dental, vision, etc.
- amazing 401K matching program
- paid holidays plus additional paid time off
- employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
Please note: this location is metro accessible, Fairfax Connector routes 640,642, and 644.
US Citizenship is required for this position. All employees must submit to a federal background check.Afternoon Grill Cook position hour are 7am to 3:30pm.
This position requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements and maintain Secret Level Clearance.JOB SUMMARY
The responsibility of the Grill Cook is to prepare, cook, and serve food items on the grill and to coordinate with the Executive Chef on all daily and special function menus.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the grill
- Responsible for the daily production of meal items and daily menu specials
- Responsible for preparing daily specials, hot sandwich production, and sides to be placed in the hot slide for service
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking and tasting, meats, vegetables, and other grilled foods
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding food, and trimming and cutting meat and poultry. Report all malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Taste food products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements
- Control food production to ensure that extra food products be recycled or disposed of properly to manage food waste
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment and utensils used in the grill prep and production area
- Maintain temperature logs and signage for the grill station.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.