ECS is seeking a Graphic Design Specialist to work in our Norman, OK office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Collaborates with Instructional Designers to develop learner-centered, user-friendly and engaging courses that apply instructional design principles and adult learning theory.
- Designs graphics, illustrations, info graphics, characters, environmental illustrations, and other visuals to represent complex content, facts, processes and procedures.
- Designs themes, backgrounds, animated videos, and user interfaces for eLearning courses and instructional materials.
- Assesses client needs and translates those needs into successful visual designs that deliver effective training solutions.
- Leverages experience and internal partners to make decisions and recommendations around presentation, illustrative style, typography, page layout, display, navigation, etc.
- Gathers specifications from project team members to determine graphic scope, depth and focus.
- Participates in usability testing and product correction.
- Partners with project team members to ensure deadlines are met and tasks completed. Provides reporting on course development, completion timelines, and issue resolution.
- Maintains a high-level of technical and graphic design expertise in traditional and multimedia areas.
- Ensures graphical elements of style and timeliness meet corporate standards.
- Knowledge of technical document layout and design discipline.
- Knowledge of photography and photographic techniques.
- Knowledge of visual arts design, character design, and production techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with vendors, internal clients, subject matter experts and evaluation specialists on the design of training programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet established expectations and timelines.
- Ability to revise or develop training materials including lesson plans, student reference materials, and multi-media presentations utilizing computerized software (e.g., MS PowerPoint).
- Ability to develop graphics and user interfaces compliant with Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) and Section 508 Accessibility requirements.
- Skill using industry standard design and modeling tools (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Animate, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Unity, 3D Studio Max, Maya).
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.