Grants & Contracts Manager, Pre & Post Awards
The Department of International Health is seeking a Grants & Contracts Manager (Pre & Post Awards) to coordinate all activities related to sponsored project submissions. Reports directly to Department Administrator and will act as a liaison between the Department, Department Financial Managers, Johns Hopkins University Research Administration (JHURA) and Divisional Business Office regarding both pre and post award issues.
Oversees pre-award and post-award activities for a variety of complex level grants/contracts, including those from NIH, NSF, CDC, USAID, UN Agencies, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Pharmaceutical Entities, etc. These grants, contracts and awards often contain highly detailed budgets involving on/off locations with multiple Subawards, independent contractors or alternate hiring service, imprest funds, student funding, etc. In addition, work may involve sanctioned countries and require interaction with the Office of Export Controls.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Provide expertise to departmental faculty and financial staff on the planning and development of budgets and proposals.
- Provide instruction on protocol, regulations, and guidelines pertinent to the agency and/or University policies and guidelines. Responsible for reviewing all sponsored project proposals and budget justifications for appropriateness and completeness of content. Oversee preparation of subagreement checklists and provide direction on managing and monitoring.
- Assures accuracy of IRB protocol numbers and compliance training is current. Provides direction on access to training platform and clarification of policies.
- Oversee and tracks the submission of awards and associated documents in the JHURA JAWS platform.
- Serve as the Department resource for financial managers and financial staff on all aspects of sponsored project administration including changes in sponsored research policies.
- Conducts department training of divisional faculty and staff in preaward and subagreement policies to ensure compliance.
- Assists department administrator in establishing and overseeing departmental sponsored activity both pre and post award.
- Coordinate information relating to Department's Aging, Surplus and Deficit reports while providing expertise and guidance to financial staff and faculty regarding nonstandard issues.
- Proficient in the use of submission and management platforms used by non-federal and federal sponsors such as ASSIST, Grants.gov, Research.gov, GrantSolutions, eRA Commons, United Nations Global Marketplace, etc in addition to internal platforms such as COEUS and JAWS.
- Maintains and reports annual activities for inclusion in the Department's financial report.
- Coordinates completion of federal contract requirements including small business subcontracting plans, past performance, representation, and certifications, etc.
- Provides advice for and/or completes due diligence requests required by primarily foreign sponsors.
- Provides coordination of activities/reports for a USAID construction award.
- Managing forecasting sponsored expenditures quarterly across the Department. Collects, analyze program and center estimates. Reviews trend and other data available on the Proposals, Awards and Funding Dashboards.
- Assist with collection of data for responses to internal and external sponsored audits.
- Assist with closeout of grants and contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree required, along with 5 years of related experience in sponsored research and/or financial positions, preferably in an academic or medical setting.
- Two years of experience working in a lead or supervisory capacity with extensive supervisory responsibilities or high level, direct involvement in JHU grants and contracts leadership development training projects, serving as a recognized subject matter expert.
- Successful completion of the RAT (Research Administration Training) Program (18-24 months) is equivalent to three years of relevant experience for this position. If an employee does not successfully complete the program, no additional experience will be applied.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting theory and practices required. Thorough knowledge and understanding of The Johns Hopkins University accounting system and related fiscal offices preferred.
- Ability to make independent judgments and to act on decisions on a daily basis.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, management, and training to the sponsored research team.
- Ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Knowledge of external Federal guidelines/procedures for grants and contracts. This may include agencies such as NIH, NSF, CDC, USAID.
- Strong communication skills are required as well as tact and discretion. Maintain strict confidentiality of payroll/personnel and budget information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of JHU on-line systems for budgets, purchasing and accounting preferred.
Classified Title: Grants & Contracts Manager
Working Title: Grants & Contracts Manager, Pre & Post Awards
Starting Salary Range: $69,830 - $95,960 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: International Health Sponsored Projects
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Grants-&-Contracts-Manager,-Pre-&-Post-Awards-MD-21205/820947800/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.