University of Idaho
Graduation and Commencement Specialist
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.41 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for providing efficient and effective services and information to students, staff, and faculty. Extensive knowledge of University of Idaho academic rules, regulations and policy is required. This position is the main resource to faculty, staff and students regarding interpretation and application of University policies and procedures as they relate to graduation, the overall academic record, degree audit, maintaining accurate student record information and awarding degrees. Additionally, this position will assist the Graduation & Commencement Coordinator in partnering with the President's Office and University Support Services in the planning and coordination of the commencement ceremonies, may represent the Office of the Registrar on committees regarding commencement ceremonies, and assist with budget decisions to provide suitable signature events within the financial means of the University. This position will assist and review graduation business processes and provide input regarding technology improvements.
- High school diploma, completion of high school equivalency or GED
Preferred Qualifications:Education Experience
- Experience coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
- Experience handling a variety of projects simultaneously that require a high degree of attention to administrative details.
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying policies and procedures.
- Experience giving strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience working with automated student systems.
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: Posting Number:
- Ability to coordinate complex events.
- Familiarity with FERPA and University of Idaho academic policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and explain complex concepts to others in a clear manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in discreet and professional manner.
- Knowledge of UI academic rules and regulations for undergraduate level advising and curriculum.
- Ability to work in a repetitive, detail-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills while working under pressure and with individuals of varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
11/30/2021Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before December 15, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.Applicants:
Please use your letter of qualification
to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.