Mercer is seeking candidates for multiple project management positions, including Provider Reimbursement Project Manager and HealthCare Project Manager that would work as part of our newly formed PMO office. Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in our Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC offices:
Government Consultant - Project Manager
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The Government Healthcare Project Manager Consultant will manage complex projects.
- This role will collaborate across levels and specialty groups (sectors) to ensure that the project is completed with a high level of client satisfaction, as well as on time and within budget and scope.
We will count on you to:
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- Opportunity to surround yourself with other lifelong learners, while collaborating on meaningful work in a fast-paced, team environment.
What you need to have:
- Manage complex, broad, and/or multi-year projects from end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget and to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Work closely within high visibility projects and regularly interface with internal senior management; identify subject matter experts on the project(s) at hand.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior business leadership.
- Become a trusted advisor and help facilitate timely decision making and trade-offs throughout all relevant project stages.
- Negotiate resource requirements with responsible management when faced with conflicts in priorities.
What makes you stand out?
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum five years of health care or health plan/ managed care industry experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated project management experience, with a proven ability to drive moderately complex projects to completion.
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives
- Strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior work with provider reimbursement rates strongly preferred (For Provider Reimbursement PM only).
- Government health and/or health consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently and on a team
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.